Baxter

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
One of these images found it's way into my 52 Weeks photo project, but I wanted to post at least one more alongside it, I hope that's ok.

This is Baxter, he's 12 years old, mostly Grey Wolf (small amount of Husky), and to say he's an incredible pup would be a huge understatement. I thought you all might enjoy meeting him and getting a sense for his size. Hope you do!

Baxter by TogaLive, on Flickr

2. Hope this gives a sense for not only how big he is, but also his personality.
Baxter by TogaLive, on Flickr

Excerpt from 52 Weeks Project (for the first image):
For week 6 of my ongoing "52 Weeks" photo project, I decided it was time to photograph one very special pup.

Baxter is our wolf hybrid. Yes, I said "wolf" (grey, to be specific). He's the sweetest dog I've ever met, and has, bar none, the most expressive eyes of any dog I've seen. When he looks at you, you not only know every emotion he feels, but a sensation creeps into your heart that he knows every emotion you're feeling as well. Owning Baxter from a pup, I've grown up around him, and he around my family and I. I've seen him play in his first snow as a small puff of fur, and I've seen him grow into a tough, hardened mountain of a dog that doesn't shudder at the thought of a below-freezing winter.

Rattlesnake bites, two torn ACL's, stitches, and so many other things have tried to bring this beautiful animal down, yet he's abated through it all, running through the woods every day with the same enthusiasm and energy he brought into the world as a puppy. Baxter's body is getting old now, but one look at his eyes and you know his heart burns as hot as ever. He is, and always will be, my brother.

Love you bro.

Most reactions

Back