Beaaaachhhhh Parttyy !!!!!

JackSellers16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bit of an exaggerated title :D
Thing is im going to the beach tomorrow with my girlfriend and her family and i was wondering about a few things !

1 - Should i even take my camera or would it be a risk as to sand and stuff ?
2 - What types of settings should i use?
3 - Could any of you post some beach photos you have taken to give me some varied inspiration ?

Would be much appreciated.

By all means, take your camera, just use care. They don't like any significant exposure to salt-water, sand, etc. If you don't have rain-skin for it, bring a plastic shopping bag/bin-liner to keep it in when you're not using it.

As far as settings, whichever ones work. Really, without knowing the weather, time of day, and all the other variables, suggesting settings is pointless. Play around with different settings and see which ones give you which results. Remember, the beauty of digital shooting is that film is cheap.

Can't help you much with #3

Weather sunny with some clouds..max 24'C.... more than likely breezy... I guess polarizing filter and one of those little brushes and puffer thingy to get the stray sand grains off. Plastic bag to store it inside your camera bag. Have a fun day

I brought my camera to the beach ONCE and until I am better I will never bring it again. I still hear sand grains crackling when I take off my lens.

What is this rain thingy?

My rule of thumb for taking any camera anywhere risky are the following questions:

- Will I be content with the day if I have my hands on the camera the whole day.

- Will my family be content with the day if I have my hands on the camera the whole day.

- And lastly is there provision for a compromise, meaning is the car or beach house close enough that I can place it (the camera) back in safety part of the time so that I can actually be part of the family during some portion of the day.

Just the way I look at it.

if you're going w/ your gf and her family, i would say mainly go to have fun, and spend only a little bit shooting, because beach shots pretty much all have the same theme/composition anyway. oh look a sunset on the beach...overdone. spend the day shooting if you are not primarily with others you want to have fun with. just my 2 cents

Do you have an older camera you can bring? That is what I do, I mean these shots will be more for memories right? Not like professional grade...

Maybe if you posted pictures of your girlfriend we could help give you a better idea if you should be taking pictures or not. :lmao:

even the salt in the air can damage your camera. just be careful

Which beach? What country? Nude beach? If so, photography is
strongly unadvisable.
I've found that people dont like to look at the sun when being photographed. Thus, I suggest you face the sun and use the strongest flash settings available.

i'de say you go and have fun ,dont take your camera you'll be worried too much about or take an older camera just for some fun snapshots .

Sand gets in everything no matter what you do. If your camera has no moving parts then it's fine for the beach :) I would only take my camera to the beach if A I had a waterproof case or B I was only going to take pics and not touch the sand, which is hard to do with kids as you always have to get down low. Fortunately I have a waterproof case for my P&S.

I would be VERY SCARED of what ababysean said happening to my camera.

Most reactions

Back