Beatiful Lavender Flower

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photoparsec.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first day out and about, I took a few shots, here we go.

Modified 10/13/2007 1:02:18 PM
Exposure time 1/350
F number 5.6
Exposure program Manual
ISO speed ratings 100
Exposure bias 0
Metering mode Multi
Flash Flash off
Lens focal length 55
Color space information sRGB
Exposure mode Manual
White balance Manual WB
Focal length in 35 mm film 82
Scene capture type Standard
Sharpness Normal

LavenderFlower.jpg

Underexposed and out of foucus. Its also is centered in the frame.

Underexposed and out of foucus. Its also is centered in the frame.

why cant the subject be centered? you are always so critical to follow "rules" lol. broken rules seem to work better. in this case i wuldnt like it as much if it was off center, then they'rd be too much empty space.

Beautiful and simple flower. I think it is a "vinca", at least in Spanish that is the name.

The focus didn't help you :( Plants and animals also look more beautiful if you ask them to smile for you :flower:

I have another photo which is slightly better focussed, however I had a smaller aperture so I got the background too good. It was my first close up photo, so I need to take a few more to take better shots.

Secondly I disagree with the thirds rule or any other rule for that matter, in being followed for every shot. Rules are there to be broken, when you have the chance.

Secondly I disagree with the thirds rule or any other rule for that matter, in being followed for every shot. Rules are there to be broken, when you have the chance.

not always tho, so be careful! In this case, yes a thirds rule wouldn't work. BUT in portraits its usually best for thirds rule, there are some exceptions with all types of photographs.

although the center of the flower is a bit soft, i wouldn't say it's out of focus... the edge of the petals look quite sharp to me, and the flower has very nice texture.

the flower is a little bit too centered for my tastes and the background distracts a little bit, because less depth of field is required.

not a bad shot composition wise, but that yellow leaf on the right competes for attention...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back