What's new

BEER!! WHO LIKES BEER HERE? ME!!

PropilotBW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 7, 2013
Messages
2,016
Reaction score
692
Location
Atlanta, GA, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LIKE IF YOU ENJOY BEER! I DO! :wav:

I brewed a Russian Imperial Stout (11%ABV) with my brother this past Thanksgiving. :D He is very into the home-brewing hobby. It was an awesome process; a lot more involved than I had thought. Here's some shots from the brew.

C&C accepted
 

Attachments

  • $BEER1.webp
    $BEER1.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 156
  • $BEER2.webp
    $BEER2.webp
    968.8 KB · Views: 148
  • $BEER5.webp
    $BEER5.webp
    728.6 KB · Views: 155
  • $BEER6.webp
    $BEER6.webp
    600.5 KB · Views: 163
  • $BEER3.webp
    $BEER3.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • $BEER4.webp
    $BEER4.webp
    795 KB · Views: 169
I had some homebrew one time. It was disgusting, very syrupy.
 
Looks interesting, how does it taste? I brewed wine once and it was only good for washing my feet.
 
Looks interesting, how does it taste? I brewed wine once and it was only good for washing my feet.
If you do home brewing correctly, the beer is fantastic. A lot of chemistry is involved to get all the ingredients to blend perfectly.
The beer my brother brews is just as good, or better than consumer beer.

This beer takes 4 months to ferment. I still haven't tasted the final product. The beer in the glass is a different brand Russian Imperial Stout. It'll look very similar to that beer, though. Immediately after brewing tastes very sweet and like wet-grain. Not very good. Just like wine, it takes time.
 
My sons-in-law and I brewed a batch of pale ale last summer at a local brewpub. We payed to use their facilities for a day. Our base recipe was the Sierra Nevada pale ale.
The results were delicious. This is the label we came up with.

alphamale_zpscfdd62ea.jpg
 
Would love to brew some beer. Story is that Grand dad brewed some great stuff.some wam days you could here the corks or caps pop. But the old guy was a bad drinker.
It was told that he wanted to fight when drunk. So to remedy this, his daughter/my aunt, would put a little epsom salts in the finished batch. So old Pap would drink and get the flying skoots. Which after a time shut down gramps mini brew. Later Ed
 
I bottled a gallon of ribena wine that I brewed last night and most of today has been taken up getting ready to bottle my 5 gallon batch of rubarb wine that's been bulk ageing since december. Next on the list is a cherry from a polish syrup, and I picked up some pears today to do a 5 gallon batch of that once the rubarb is bottled.

Homebrew can have a bit of a bad name, but done right it can be quite tasty!
 
I didn't like PIC#3. Had to crop and rotate.
 

Attachments

  • $BEER3.webp
    $BEER3.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 174
I cracked open a four year old Barley Wine. Brewing beer is fun!

:cheers:
 
I've always been interested in beer. It just tastes horrible to me. I've never had a beer that I thought tasted good.
 
I LOVE homebrewing. Sipping on an Amarillo Pale Ale as I type. Have a 5 gallon batch of Apfelwein I need to bottle and an amber ale in the ferm chamber. Anybody here on HBT?$8583679048_c2bcd700ed_c.webp
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom