Beginner looking for critique!

boymeetsfence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! Very excited to be a new member and I've already learned a ton by reading a bunch of threads! I am an amateur and a beginner to all things photography but I am looking forward to developing! I have a Canon EOS rebel T1i, I know it's a bit out-dated and kind of at the bottom but I have it for now to start learning.
Here are a few of my recent favorites, thanks in advance for any tips and critiques!

7415547872_aa5b920a9b_z.jpg
[/url]
Bullet Down by boymeetsfence, on Flickr

7383055402_4691f70a3c_z.jpg
[/url]
Bullet by boymeetsfence, on Flickr

7364897842_10cf6436cb_z.jpg
[/url]
Risk by boymeetsfence, on Flickr

7178014825_8f0509c357_z.jpg
[/url]
Downtown by boymeetsfence, on Flickr

Welcome to TPF and photography. Your life time adventure is just starting.

Pic #1. You clipped the left paw. Either include both or crop from the chest. The background is both distracting and in focus Selective DOF is needed. As far as cropping goes, the picture in general needs a more selective crop. As it stands now, I would classify it as a very nice, personal snap shot.

Pic #2 has a some possibilities. A tighter crop both to remove most of the OOF rump, and the complete 2nd pane of glass on the right and about half or more of the left pane. Here's a quick crop of what I'm trying to convey.

$7383055402_4691f70a3c_z.jpg

Pic #3 of the Risk board looks like the WB is off. And Pic #4 just doesn't do much for me.

Hi BMS,
Welcome :D

I like your dog....
It was a minor fault that the foot is not included within the frame.... and Joel did the perfect edit for #2
#3 and #4 are colorful ...
#4: here i am a bit doubtful about the composition; the triangular sky is not merging with the rest of the image
All The Best :D

boymeetsfence said:
Here's Another Bullet Shot:

Like this picture alot, shame about the first one with the cropping, needs a more shallow depth of field. But it's good that you get down to bullets level which is important. For beginner your looking pretty good. Practice makes perfect :)

thanks in advance for any tips and critiques!

Since they all seem to be off kilter, at the minimum they should have been straightened before showing them to anyone.

FWIW I really like the original crop on #2. I like #2 in general. It's got a nice color scheme and I think the blue of the collar echoes the light blue thing in the yard and with the wide crop it looks quite melancholy and moody. Perhaps cropping out the wall on the left might make it a little nicer...

#1 is OK. I agree with a different crop to cover for cutting off his paw.

#3 and 4 aren't too interesting.

But your'e better than me when I started so keep it up!

Here's another I took over the weekend. I did very little editing so this is almost as-is from the raw file.

7939986246_21363eb383_c.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back