What's new

Beginner. Need a Bag.

I had the Lowepro slingshot 100 and then recently moved up to the larger Slingshot 200 since i got more gear. I love it though, its kind of a messenger/backpack crossover that allows you to swing the bag around from your back to your chest to remove your camera and get to your stuff. also, having the bag at your chest makes a nice place to rest your elbows and stabilize your camera to reduce shake, like extra VR! It has the all-weather cover that tucks in nicely at the bottom and it has additional support straps to keep it tight if your doing any hiking or climbing. The slingshot 100 was perfect for my D40, kit lens, 55-200 tele, 50mm 1.8, flash, filters, charger and flash diffuser. I highly recommend the slingshot bags, very versatile.

here is the link to the slingshot 100 on lowepros site, check out the 200, 300 and 350 for more pics, i think they are all the same setup, just different sizes.
Lowepro - SlingShot 100 AW
 
I had the Lowepro slingshot 100 and then recently moved up to the larger Slingshot 200 since i got more gear. I love it though, its kind of a messenger/backpack crossover that allows you to swing the bag around from your back to your chest to remove your camera and get to your stuff. also, having the bag at your chest makes a nice place to rest your elbows and stabilize your camera to reduce shake, like extra VR! It has the all-weather cover that tucks in nicely at the bottom and it has additional support straps to keep it tight if your doing any hiking or climbing. The slingshot 100 was perfect for my D40, kit lens, 55-200 tele, 50mm 1.8, flash, filters, charger and flash diffuser. I highly recommend the slingshot bags, very versatile.

here is the link to the slingshot 100 on lowepros site, check out the 200, 300 and 350 for more pics, i think they are all the same setup, just different sizes.
Lowepro - SlingShot 100 AW

I do like that one!
 
The lowepro flipside series has great bags in it also.

Mark
 
I have a Crumpler bag that I really love. It provides a lot of protection and can be configured about any way you want. They are a little pricey.

Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

I have gone through a few bags. Find what you like and don't like and when you do buy...buy something you can grow into.

That was my first mistake. I bougt a bag that would hold my camera and an additional lens and that was about it. Once I picked up a few filters and a flash...The bag was history. I bought the one above and have moved on to the 8 Million now. I think I will be good for a while.

I also like the Crumplers because they don't look like a camera bag. They look like a messenger bag, so it doesn't scream "I have $3000 haning on my shoulder".

Good luck!
 
The lowepro flipside series has great bags in it also.

Mark

My friend has one. He likes his Flipside.

I have a Crumpler bag that I really love. It provides a lot of protection and can be configured about any way you want. They are a little pricey.

Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home

I have gone through a few bags. Find what you like and don't like and when you do buy...buy something you can grow into.

That was my first mistake. I bougt a bag that would hold my camera and an additional lens and that was about it. Once I picked up a few filters and a flash...The bag was history. I bought the one above and have moved on to the 8 Million now. I think I will be good for a while.

I also like the Crumplers because they don't look like a camera bag. They look like a messenger bag, so it doesn't scream "I have $3000 haning on my shoulder".

Good luck!

Well, since I've gotten into this whole photo thing, Crumpler has always seemed a bit pricey. But that one isn't horrifyingly expensive. I guess I need to see how big it actually is compared to something other than a camera. :thumbup:
 
Crumpler is my favorite brand. They're a little more expensive than some, but the price is definitely worth it. Plus they don't look like camera bags.

Here's the 5 Million Dollar Home.
https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/...-details/5-million-dollar-home---md0509a.html


I bet they are really proud of that site, only problem where are their products? I only saw one bag, then got lost in all the noise of the sight, I think they are going to loose alot of money with that site.
 
Crumpler is my favorite brand. They're a little more expensive than some, but the price is definitely worth it. Plus they don't look like camera bags.

Here's the 5 Million Dollar Home.
https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/...-details/5-million-dollar-home---md0509a.html


I bet they are really proud of that site, only problem where are their products? I only saw one bag, then got lost in all the noise of the sight, I think they are going to loose alot of money with that site.

Haha, true.

Well I ended up getting the Lowepro Rezo 170 and I think I'm happy with my choice. It's not too big, which was one big thing I wanted. However, I am quickly finding that it is quite easy to fill. Also, wasn't too expensive and I could buy it local so I didn't have to wait on shipping. I also like the all weather cover.

All in all, I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the advice!
 
Crumpler is my favorite brand. They're a little more expensive than some, but the price is definitely worth it. Plus they don't look like camera bags.

Here's the 5 Million Dollar Home.
https://www.crumplerbags.com/flash/...-details/5-million-dollar-home---md0509a.html


I bet they are really proud of that site, only problem where are their products? I only saw one bag, then got lost in all the noise of the sight, I think they are going to loose alot of money with that site.

I bet the amount of people that own their products say otherwise. Plus you can purchase them from places like B&H, Adorama, Amazon, local camera stores, etc...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom