Beginner photographs, C&C?

McKinners

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm new to the form, and to photography so I figured I'd post a few pictures up and see what you guys thought could be improved, please be tough and truthful I don't mind lol. (By the way, I used my Cannon Coolpix L110 for all of these)

1. Christmas Bells
Bells.jpg

2. Burning Wood
FireTube.jpg

3. Corn
Corn.jpg

4. B&W Tree
Tree.jpg

These are far better composed than average "beginner photos"... #3 is very interesting, despite the particulars of the subject material... it makes your eyes move or try to find a pattern... #1 has perfect depth of field, and is very well framed... a little kicker light to add some sparkle would bring it from very good to great.

Nice work.... keep at it...

Paul

Thanks Propsguy :) I film and do cinematography at the arts school I go to, but I've never really done any still photos except for fun, so I have just started to get into it and I'm liking it. I still have a lot to learn, but its something I really enjoy doing.

These are far better composed than average "beginner photos"... #3 is very interesting, despite the particulars of the subject material... it makes your eyes move or try to find a pattern... #1 has perfect depth of field, and is very well framed... a little kicker light to add some sparkle would bring it from very good to great.

Nice work.... keep at it...

Paul

I agree. These are some pretty good pictures! I feel a few of them lack a real focal point though. I'm not really drawn to a specific thing in any of the photos. Some how find a way to emphasis something in a picture so it doesn't look like just a snapshot. Not too shabby though. Good luck!

There are a lot of photography opportunities within the film/ televison/ cinematography world.... I'm an art department kind of guy, and I have found my knowledge of photography indispensable and particularly profitable within this industry, so keep at it and, if your career leans toward cinematography, the two disciplines will cross many paths....

Thanks for the critique ZacFreeland I'll take that into concideration :)
And yeah, my dream job is a cinematographer so there is a lot of photographic opportunities in that field.

I like #1. All I'd do different is try to get the entire bell in the shot.

I agree, I think number one is the best, they all arent bad, but overall number one is better than the rest :D
Awesome job!

Thanks everyone, #1 was my favorite of the 4 to begin with so thats good, and thanks for the advice.

Most reactions

Back