While I understand what you are saying, I would have thought that most people looking to buy a DSLR will do a large amount of research before they spend their hard earned cash, (I know that I did before I brought my camera.)
This is the sort of thing that I would look at before buying it and I am sure a lot of other people would as well. I feel that you are portraying a very negative view of a very good budget DSLR. All the reviews that I have read have explained this in very basic terms so that it is clear that not all lenses work with the D40/D40x. I feel that you will be putting a lot of people off it when in actual fact it will be ideal for them as they are looking at getting something that produces excellent pictures and will quite possibly only want 1 or 2 lenses.
The other thing that you have failed to point out is the fact that all of the lenses can be used as manual focus lenses with the D40/D40x so you haven't quite portrayed the entire picture.
Just my 2 pennies worth.