Not open for further replies.

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having been on and off TPF for about a year, I am confused as to the appeal to "professionals" other than to give advise and support to beginners. There are always many more people here than other forums. I have had superb tips and advice from professionals as well as some arrogance.

I thought that Beginners was just that, beginning to undertand photography. I would welcome dialogue.

There are always many more people here than other forums.

You answered your own question. Whether or not it's how it should be or was intended to be, most people, pro and non-pro, hang out here because the majority of posting happens here. Granted, a lot of the posts here should rightly be moved to other fora, such as film related posts, pros or serious amatuers posting pics, etc., but if posted or moved to the appropriate forum, they'll get little attention.

Having been on and off TPF for about a year, I am confused as to the appeal to "professionals" other than to give advise and support to beginners. There are always many more people here than other forums. I have had superb tips and advice from professionals as well as some arrogance.

I thought that Beginners was just that, beginning to undertand photography. I would welcome dialogue.

Seriously, you've been here for a year and haven't realized beginner forum = dumping ground?

I thought that this was a place to learn photography too... So why did you post this thread in the beginners forum?

Seriously, you've been here for a year and haven't realized beginner forum = dumping ground?

That said,the "dumping" clearly hits beginners. I for one would like to (for example) to post a C&C and get C&C from beginners as well as those with "wings."

That said,the "dumping" clearly hits beginners. I for one would like to (for example) to post a C&C and get C&C from beginners as well as those with "wings."

I'd suggest finding a place that operates a bit less liek Chucky Cheese's for that.

I thought that this was a place to learn photography too... So why did you post this thread in the beginners forum?

Because I am a beginner (14 months)...

This is not relating to photography or beginners photography. This is you asking a question about the usage of the forums, I reckon.

Because I am a beginner (14 months)...

This is not relating to photography or beginners photography. This is you asking a question about the usage of the forums, I reckon.

Put the post up with intentions/hope of a dialog as to its appeal to new and old photographers, which does relate to photography and beginners....

Let me ask you a question. Why did you post in the beginners forum? Your post has nothing to do with beginner's photography, and more about how the forum works. There is a forum topic here specifically for that purpose. When you answer that question, I think you will have the answer as to why so many people hang out here as opposed to other forums.

What's the point of beginners giving advice to beginners? Without the experience and willingness to give advice from the "pro's," this section of the forum would be useless to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back