Beginners Forum Appeal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of beginners giving advice to beginners? Without the experience and willingness to give advice from the "pro's," this section of the forum would be useless to me.

I stated that I would like advise from both. Some beginners are just beginners in SLR and have other photographic insights.

The way the TPF boards work is...the way the boards work...the Beginner's Forum is the busiest and most active place, and so, all types of things are discussed here. I personally see no problem with posting a question where it will receive the most scrutiny, form the greatest number of members. I also do not understand those who kvetch and moan and whine about things posted here, or "in the wrong sub-forum"; over the last couple of years I have seen some of this site's most prolific bull****ters and time-wasters whine and cry about things being posted here, in the beginner's forum; the bandwidth that their crybaby complaining takes away from valid information could fill a book...they've been here for two years or more,and almost all they do is act like forum police, trying to change the way this place ACTUALLY FUNCTIONS...
Jeeze...wherever,whenever you see a question that you can answer, why not just 1) reply to it or 2) let it slide on by and in the process STFU and say nothing!

If it were up to me, the TPF board would have two sections. As in one, two....1)Beginner, and 2)Advanced. That's it.

If it were up to me, the TPF board would have two sections. As in one, two....1)Beginner, and 2)Advanced. That's it.

While on the surface I agree with this, practicality is the issue. I've belonged to boards (dealing with a lot of subject matter, not just photography) that have had too many subdivisions, most of which never had any posts in them, and boards that had too few subdivisions. The problem with to few, IMHO, is the time spent wading thru a ****load of posts to find the subjects that are of interest. I know it's quibling, but that's my take on "less is more". There's a happy medium in there somewhere, and if the board is well moderated, things end up more or less where they should be, saving a lot of browsing time. Just my 2¢

I go play where the cool kids play.

I understand order but why all the huffing and puffing?

I understand order but why all the huffing and puffing?

Well, this IS a four-year-old thread. And yet, since humans don't change habits very quickly, some of the same behaviour continues four years later. Some of the original posters are still here, posting. Others have moved on or stopped. It's a dynamic community.

It's ok thread its ok - there there. Back to sleep with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back