Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently back from a two week backpacking around Indonesia, and here's some for you all from the water world :)

1. 30 mts. under the ocean

24168631131_ca14ce67df_b.jpg

2. Green Turtle

24071659920_6310b834d3_b.jpg

3. Turtle in flight

23622943814_cf551c279b_b.jpg

4. B&W Composition

24225061616_69bd38e4c6_o.jpg

5. Found Nemo: Clown fishes

23624504373_4aa912a9f4_h.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy these! Other photographs in the buffer, not getting much time to spare these days.. :)

Raj, very cool and I commend you for diving in.. I think the images are great, but the beauty is lost going black and white, just my humble opinion though..

Really good although I think colour is best, what camera did you use?

Personally I love the high contrast in the B&W shots, the murkiness of the water limits the colour shots more IMO. The first might have been better as colour with careful editing, but the turtle shots have little variation in colour & work better in B&W.
No 2 is my favorite, on a par with the excellent shark shots one of our club members often displays.

I'd love to have a proper go at this sort of photography - I took some underwater shots while snorkeling on my Honeymoon with a disposable film camera. Round here visibility in the sea is generally measured in cm at best, so the underwater digital I picked up (£35 end of line at Tescos) has hardly seen any use.

Very nice Raj; I agree with Petro; the monochromes are something different and I really like them.

You already know how I feel about the turtle one Raj <3

I too like the black and white. It's different and I like the looks of it.

So, when I come visit you, are we going diving?

nice photos.

I like the color ones but the murkiness of the water with the turtle makes the B&W one nicer IMHO.

Very Cool.
Thanks Dave!
Very nicely done.
Thanks Alan!
Raj, very cool and I commend you for diving in.. I think the images are great, but the beauty is lost going black and white, just my humble opinion though..
Thanks Kris! :) I tried the coloured version, the problem is the loss of the red and the orange colours under the water.. I think the coloured version would look much better when I can dive in with strobes and proper cameras., but that would still require some further training.
It was a point & shoot for the last one, the model number beats me! All the others were with a gopro hero.
Personally I love the high contrast in the B&W shots, the murkiness of the water limits the colour shots more IMO. The first might have been better as colour with careful editing, but the turtle shots have little variation in colour & work better in B&W.
No 2 is my favorite, on a par with the excellent shark shots one of our club members often displays.

I'd love to have a proper go at this sort of photography - I took some underwater shots while snorkeling on my Honeymoon with a disposable film camera. Round here visibility in the sea is generally measured in cm at best, so the underwater digital I picked up (£35 end of line at Tescos) has hardly seen any use.
:D Thanks! :D The visibility in Gili islands was pretty decent, luckily! The best was about 12 mts..
Very nice Raj; I agree with Petro; the monochromes are something different and I really like them.
:) Thanks John!
Thanks Larry!
Really wonderful photos! :)

#2 for POTM! :)
January 2016 POTM Nominations
:D Thanks man!! That's very kind of you!! :)
You already know how I feel about the turtle one Raj <3

I too like the black and white. It's different and I like the looks of it.

So, when I come visit you, are we going diving?
Absolutely, andaman islands have a lot of beautiful sites for diving! :)
nice photos.

I like the color ones but the murkiness of the water with the turtle makes the B&W one nicer IMHO.
:) Thanks Steve! :)

I like the B&W UW shots.
I remember going to a Scuba show once and there was a presentation of a photographer that shot B&W film images with a Nikonos, and they were awesome.
One day when I get back into diving I will do the same.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back