Flavio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I need a good tripod to do mostly nature and outdoor macro photography.
After some research, I'm thinking of getting the Benro GoPlus (aluminium) legs and the Vanguard Alta BH-250 ball head to go with it.
Does anyone know if this two are compatible?
Anyone has any experience with this gear?
Any knowledgeable advice or sugestions about a good light tripod and ball head?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I need a good tripod to do mostly nature and outdoor macro photography.
After some research, I'm thinking of getting the Benro GoPlus (aluminium) legs and the Vanguard Alta BH-250 ball head to go with it.
Does anyone know if this two are compatible?
Anyone has any experience with this gear?
Any knowledgeable advice or sugestions about a good light tripod and ball head?

Thanks a lot!

good tripod Vs travel light tripod, this is oxymoron ... probably there are some conjunctions ($500+) but usually you can't have both .. I suggest to have a good sturdy normal tripod + one lightweight travel tripod .. I use

** MT 190 Alu 3 section + MT Ball head .. this is my standard tripod system, it weights 2000 gr legs + 500 gr ball head - was considering Carbon legs, they are 1600gr but heavier is better

** and for traveling I have Rollei Carbon Traveler No.1 (omg, what I great sale now .. I bought it for 159 euros) ..

I tested benro tripods earlier but I was not really astonished with them .. I would probably consider some MT BeeFree line (?this) .. however that your tripod that you linked above doesn't look bad ... what is best is to go to some big stone store and lay your hands on them ...

Hi NTZ, I think I'm going with this one: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08DHFDHYF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A48PUQMRKMJ7F&psc=1

I like the versatility that it offers, specially the option of fliping the vertical column to horizontal. I also like that the legs don't have the screw nobs, I prefer the flip nobs. I also like the Arca Swiss ready ball head because I have a L-bracket that slides right in.

Any thoughts on this tripod?
Thanks for the help!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi NTZ, I think I'm going with this one: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08DHFDHYF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A48PUQMRKMJ7F&psc=1

I like the versatility that it offers, specially the option of fliping the vertical column to horizontal. I also like that the legs don't have the screw nobs, I prefer the flip nobs. I also like the Arca Swiss ready ball head because I have a L-bracket that slides right in.

Any thoughts on this tripod?
Thanks for the help!

I've never seen a K&F tripods in real life but at least the one you've linked above looks good ... For me what matters is also the level of support that tripod's manufacturer gives you .. MT offers all spare parts for every tripod to be bought online (however for fancy price), so at least for me this would be the game changer .. but yeah, that K&F looks good ...

I've had that ball head and after replacing it with another brand, I gave it to a friend that needed a bigger ballhead.

I'd offer something like this as an alternative to the ball head. https://www.amazon.com/LEOFOTO-Two-...1616501739&sprefix=Leofoto+pan,aps,181&sr=8-5

I have combined it with a set of legs that have a leveling base so that my images are spot on level saving me time in post cropping them. I would suggest getting the VH-30R, as it has the pano on top and will allow you to use both wide angle and long lenses. (If not then you can get a nodal slide for the wide angles)

I only suggest this because it seems that from nature and macro it is natural that you will be shooting some landscapes and possibly panoramics and this set up is so much easier to level for panos.

I have that K&F and for the money it's a really decent tripod. It's not perfect, (nothing is), and if you need super rock steady you might want something heavier.

But it does the job for me, light enough to pack around without breaking my back and steady enough for waterfalls, macros of wild flowers, medium telephoto of wildlife and such.

Most reactions

Back