Best Camera/laptop backpack for under $70

ir0n_ma1den

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will be going on a 2 week trip to Alaska in 3 weeks and need to get a backpack that can hold a camera and other items, so dual compartments.
I have been looking around and it looks like the Lowepro Compudaypack, and LowePro Orion Trekker II.

So what is the best camera/laptop/general use backpack for $70 and under?

If you find one that can SAFELY hold your dSLR, a couple of lenses, AND a laptop for that price, I'd be interested too! I spent about $115 for my Tamrac Turbo Cyberpro bag for my laptop and computer stuff ... great bag, but not a backpack.

Good luck finding one at that price unless it's used; don't forget, you could potentially have 10K worth of gear in this pack, does it make sense to save a hundred dollars?????? Both Lowpro or Tamrac make great bags. I'd recommend one of them.

I have the Lowepro Computrekker AW. It's pretty good. The camera storage area is pretty big but the additional storage is a bit tight. I looked at the Orion Trekker series but the camera area was too small for my needs.

the Tamarac 5547 Adventure 7 Backpack seems to be the best tool for the job as it can hold my 70-300mm lens + my 3 other lenses and Sony A200. It seems to be more of a hiking backpack w/ waist straps and such which I will need. Although the Lowpro compudaypack can hold a laptop, I don't think it will be a good idea/safe to be hiking or doing anything in alaska with a laptop in your backpack.

To be honest..... I have NEVER seen any camera backpack that is suitable for long hikes. Looking at photographic backpacks you will notice that there main concern is photographic equipment which is a compromise of everything else.

Get yourself a good frame pack specifically designed for backpacking.. internal.. external.. height and size is all up to your body. #1 important thing is that you are comfortable. After you have determined that backpack, now you can figure out how to pack your camera equipment into it safely. For a long hiking trip of more than a few days, your number one concern is comfort or else you are going to be one miserable SOB miles out in the middle of nowhere.

Remember... pack heavier items higher on the frame.

mine was like 120-140$, but it is the tamron 9. it's awesome. Higher than your price but i figured i'd post the good review incase you found some extra cash laying around the house.

Most reactions

Back