Best place to buy 28 300mm lens for the d70

cbrdave1311

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to get the 28-300mm lens for the Nikon D70. Is sigma or tamron better?

are sigma and tamron junk? in my opinion- yes. you have a thousand dollar camera, it deserves better glass than that.

Fullpower said:
are sigma and tamron junk? in my opinion- yes. you have a thousand dollar camera, it deserves better glass than that.

I wouldn't say they are junk, but they are definitley not as good as the Nikkor. But to say they are junk is to go a little too far IMO... I have a Sigma myself which I'm happy with, but I know there are better lenses out there, but it's far from junk...

And to cbrdave1311. You may want to check out ksmattfish's reply in this thread... It's not about the specific lenses that you are asking about, but still about smaller/cheaper brands than the big ones.

While it may not be a zoom lens I was recommended to get a Sigma 105mm Macro for my 20D by some friends of mine in a little independent photography shop near where I live.. They swear by them and think they provide great quality shots for a fraction of the price of Canon glass.

Most reactions

Back