Best Thrift Store Find!! Nikon Super CoolScan 5000 ED w Optional SF-210 slide adapter.

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by iKokomo, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like Dessert Industries... The Mormon Church runs a series of 17 stores that cover all of North America. It's like a Goodwill except that they have really cool stuff that was owned largely by members of the church...not so many garage and attic clean- outs as Goodwill, but stuff owned by church members. My Best Buys there have been two small point and shoot cameras. A Canon PowerShot G3 for $7.50 and a Nikon 12 megapixel pocket camera for the same price.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 480sparky

480sparky Chief Free Electron Relocator Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The best thrift store find I have (that's camera-related) was a 500/8 Nikkor mirror lens for $80. Used it until I got the 200-500 and ended up selling it for $400.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RowdyRay

RowdyRay Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Found a Lowepro Nature Trekker AW ii backpack today. Looks new. 39.99. Green tags were 25% off. 32.xx out the door. Not a smoking deal, but better than new. (179.00) Still going for around 50.00 used on Ebay. Big pack and lots of room.

Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II Camera Backpack Review

4. TWX

TWX No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Not bad.

I use a Lowepro CompuDayPack, been out of production for many years. I can put the tripod inside so to not overly attract attention to myself as I'm carrying my equipment. I would like to find another one, wife misses it as her laptop bag. :allteeth: