Big City Life..

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two more shots from my X-Mas trip to NY City.. any comment on the postprocessing would be appreciated.. sometimes I tend to do "too much" so I'd really like to hear your opinion... :)

link to my webpage

ny000002.jpg

ny000001.jpg

A little over the top for my taste.

I feel like the processing competes too much with the images. I like the direction you took in the attempt to give them an old-filmy feel, but it's just too much. I want to say that with the proper B&W treatment, the first one could stand on its own quite easily.

I like #1 with out the film strip.

i like where you were going with these...they were a little too busy for my personal taste but overall i think the picture is great. A ton pf photoshopping involved

I really liked your rare style; not because it is rare, but successfully rare; the crowdedness simply reflect the chaos of the modern living and showing them on a film you contrasts the modern with the conventional; if you ask me to select one, i will go for the first, for sure

Regards :D

Thank you for the comments... After leaving the shots be for a day I have to say that the second one doesn't do it for me at all anymore.. the first one I still like, but I tried to go with your suggestions, so here's a BW version that I cropped making the film strip border dissapear ( I didn't take the time to remove the layer as it would also have affected the texture of the rest of the shot)

Here's the new version of the shot... Hope you like it, any C&C would be very welcome!

ny00000001.jpg

Thank you for the comments... After leaving the shots be for a day I have to say that the second one doesn't do it for me at all anymore.. the first one I still like, but I tried to go with your suggestions, so here's a BW version that I cropped making the film strip border dissapear ( I didn't take the time to remove the layer as it would also have affected the texture of the rest of the shot)

Here's the new version of the shot... Hope you like it, any C&C would be very welcome!

ny00000001.jpg

Much better. :thumbup: Although, to be nit picky (and this may just be personal preference) I'd crop the bottom part with the dark area out to make the image less long, and to get the distracting bit out of there. Other than that, it's great.

Thank you :)

Maybe someone might feel interested, so I'll link to the shot(s) I used to get this image:

ny1.jpg

ny2.jpg

film.jpg

ny1.jpg

I really like both of them - I also really like the processing, but they have been processed so much that I would no longer called them photographs. They are now just compositions. This doesn't take away how much I like them, but I just don't think they qualify as photos anymore!

well I guess thats a discussion that will always come up as soon as you do anything in Photoshop ;-) i don't bother calling them composites, photographs, paintings, whatever! as long as the result you see is something your eyes linger on for a little while it was worth showing it and taking the time "creating" it.
On the other hand, just be honest, if I hadn't shown the originals here most people wouldn't have questioned it and taken it as a photograph.. ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back