Birds 56k

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
I have the greatest admiration for all you who photograph birds...certainly not the easiest subject to shoot. My first go at birds, All these shots taken last year in the summer and all are at high iso's and crops. I used a soft focus in processing just to try and mask the noise rather than noise reduction software.

mg178401copy2fz.jpg

mg178901copy5dg.jpg

mg179701copy21ca.jpg

mg179901copy26gs.jpg

I took this one yesterday whilst walking around the river....I spent a good half an hour just watching it, got a couple of shots but this is about the best of a bad bunch. Any tips appreciated as i'll be back to have another go since I now know were it's nesting. It did get very close a number of times but it was just to quick for me to keep up.

img5997010by.jpg

All taken with the sigma 70-300
TFL.
Ken.

good stuff ken....... i know how hard it is to get in close with the sigma 70-300, so you've done well here......... one technique you could use is to use masks to sharpen the body of the bird only and keep the soft bg..... but you can get bogged down with the processing if you choose that method...... i like the first and second best :thumbup:

Ken it is just wash rinse repeat. Emphasis on the repeat, just keep going at it. It only gets better. Try a tripod if you do not have VR or IS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back