jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Two of these were almost monochrome due to the weather conditions, so I decided to go with it and see what I could come up with. We've had several days of freezing rain, and these poor birds manage to suffer through it all.

1 Juvenile Mockingbird
jan31202301 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Whitewing Dove checking out the photographer
jan31202303 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Bluejay watching the action below him
jan31202304 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Dark-eyed Junco on the fence
jan31202305 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Nicely done Jeff :icon_biggrin: I like No. 3 the best because of the clarity in his feathers. He is obviously a real poser.
Cheers, Ann. 🍻

Nice enough shots but for this type of photography I prefer colour....

Nicely done Jeff :icon_biggrin: I like No. 3 the best because of the clarity in his feathers. He is obviously a real poser.
Cheers, Ann. 🍻
Thank you! One of a family that come for the peanuts...
Nice set! You did well with your processing here.
Thank you! #1 and #3 were almost monochrome as is. Just tweaked those a bit to remove the remaining traces of color.
Nice enough shots but for this type of photography I prefer colour....
Thanks!

Very nice and it shows what black and white can do.

Given the choice, most folks would choose color, it is the way we see thing normally. However, B&W images seem to catch people by surprise and open up a different thought process.

Very nice and it shows what black and white can do.

Given the choice, most folks would choose color, it is the way we see thing normally. However, B&W images seem to catch people by surprise and open up a different thought process.
Thank you! With B&W I think we can see more in patterns and shades, that we miss with color.

Jeff, I agree patterns, shades and textures that B&W photographers notice, do get lost in color photos.

Not only is color "normal", but it is most often pleasing to look at and can distract the other senses. B&W however piques those senses particularly for those who take a second look. Your photos capture much of what B&W has to offer, one can see how fluffy the mockingbird must feel or catch the stare of the dove. Even the simple profiles of the Jay and the Junco make a person ponder, what are they thinking.

As you can tell. I really like those shots.

very nice set..

Jeff, I agree patterns, shades and textures that B&W photographers notice, do get lost in color photos.

Not only is color "normal", but it is most often pleasing to look at and can distract the other senses. B&W however piques those senses particularly for those who take a second look. Your photos capture much of what B&W has to offer, one can see how fluffy the mockingbird must feel or catch the stare of the dove. Even the simple profiles of the Jay and the Junco make a person ponder, what are they thinking.

As you can tell. I really like those shots.
Thank you!
very nice set..
Thanks!
Love the second shot.
Thanks! That one is also my favorite.
Nice shots.
Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back