birthdays

Clothing on or off,Oh hell thats a scary thought,I scare my self when i am naked in a mirror.:lmao: I hate my picture taken.

Oh, happy happy happy birthday, mariacim!

I don't know why, but as of this moment, I've started thinking of you as 'mariacim'. Some explanation: the -cim is a Turkish suffix that is often added to names or terms of endearment. It roughly translates as "my dear", so "mariacim" means "my dear maria". It's pronounced -jim, as in the English name Jim.

On to birthdays: I often don't think about my birthday, and then suddenly it's just a few days away and I start thinking about it. It's not a big deal, but I do still feel like it's different from other days. I've always liked milestones and rituals, so I do actually like to mark the day in some small way, even just for myself. The decade birthdays are a bigger deal I think, so I threw myself a big party for my 40th and will do again when I hit 50. And a little while back, one of my sisters decided that we should give each other a small piece of jewelry from Tiffany's on decade birthdays, so also on my 40th, we made a trip to Tiffany's so I could pick something out. I've got a little while before I decide on what I'll want for 50 :)

For the past 4-5 years or so, my sisters and mother and I all go out for lunch for our birthdays. My sisters and I have lunch together once a month, so the only thing that's really different about the birthday lunches is that my mother is invited and there are presents!

Come to think of it, my birthday is coming up in...hrm, a week and a half.

I think I look exactly my age. people think that also, actually, they take 2-3 years off but that's nothing

Clothing on or off,Oh hell thats a scary thought,I scare my self when i am naked in a mirror.:lmao: I hate my picture taken.

don't make excuses! just give us some pict :)

don't make excuses! just give us some pict :)

Maria, in case you haven't seen it, there is a thread on here somewhere where people have posted pics of themselves.

HaHa I deleted mine.Now you can't see me HaHa.:p

I don't know why, but as of this moment, I've started thinking of you as 'mariacim'. Some explanation: the -cim is a Turkish suffix that is often added to names or terms of endearment. It roughly translates as "my dear", so "mariacim" means "my dear maria". It's pronounced -jim, as in the English name Jim.

On to birthdays: I often don't think about my birthday, and then suddenly it's just a few days away and I start thinking about it. It's not a big deal, but I do still feel like it's different from other days. I've always liked milestones and rituals, so I do actually like to mark the day in some small way, even just for myself. The decade birthdays are a bigger deal I think, so I threw myself a big party for my 40th and will do again when I hit 50. And a little while back, one of my sisters decided that we should give each other a small piece of jewelry from Tiffany's on decade birthdays, so also on my 40th, we made a trip to Tiffany's so I could pick something out. I've got a little while before I decide on what I'll want for 50 :)

For the past 4-5 years or so, my sisters and mother and I all go out for lunch for our birthdays. My sisters and I have lunch together once a month, so the only thing that's really different about the birthday lunches is that my mother is invited and there are presents!

so is it 09. or 10. of March?

thank you! :hug::

I pronounced that mariacim as soon as I read it :) oh ... wait ... here's another :hug::

I wish I could have a lunch with my brothers tomorrow but that's not doable, one is in USA, another is four hours ride from me (that is not bad but still we wont see each other).

Skype will help a bit

Maria, in case you haven't seen it, there is a thread on here somewhere where people have posted pics of themselves.
well there's no DarkShadow there...

so is it 09. or 10. of March?

thank you! :hug::

I pronounced that mariacim as soon as I read it :) oh ... wait ... here's another :hug::

I wish I could have a lunch with my brothers tomorrow but that's not doable, one is in USA, another is four hours ride from me (that is not bad but still we wont see each other).

Skype will help a bit

11 March.

I have one sister in Florida, so she can't come to our sisters' lunch, but the others are only half an hour away. But one year, the three of us flew to Florida to surprise her and we had a whole sisters' slumber party weekend! One of my favorite memories.

I have one sister in Florida, so she can't come to our sisters' lunch, but the others are only half an hour away. But one year, the three of us flew to Florida to surprise her and we had a whole sisters' slumber party weekend! One of my favorite memories.
wow... really nice!

I kind of wish I had a sister.

I need to go now... I need to sleep

Thank you for your wishes and the talk! I laughed a lot! That's the best present one can give me for my birthday!

runnah certainly gave me the most original birthday present ever!!! Thank you :hugs:

carry on with your thoughts about your birthdays

Happy Birthday mmmmmmmmmaria!!

Isn't it fun being immature Jack???!! Physically,I definately feel 51,but mentally.....still goin' through puberty!!LOL

I was actually fortunate to cheat the clock out of a year.When I was 48,I somehow convinced myself that my next birthday was the big 5-0....right up to the day when my wife made me do the math.Shows how much I pay attention.Just another day.....

It most certainly is fun. And, sshhh (i have a built in excuse when things don't go right).

So, how do you feel about your birthday?

A sixty-five year old lady told me yesterday that her recent birthday "was just a number", according to her eight year old grandson. That's an old head on young shoulders!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back