Bitter's Evil School of Photography.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
REGISTRATION CLOSED
I have started the selection process, and am reviewing 36 applications.
You will be notified of your status, either way, within the next few days.

OK, I am going to try something.
It's been done before, in a little different manner, I participated and it was a great experience. I think Overread started the last one.

Bitter's Evil School of Photography

This will be a group of 8 people who have the drive and determination to push themselves to learn more about the creative side of photography, and perhaps learn how to think a little more creatively. The group will have it's own 'Social Group' on the forum, where I will give creative assignments due once a week. We can discuss the assignment in the group forum, but you will each post your results in this forum. Each member of the group must critique every other members results. This guarantees at least eight responses for C&C, as well as any other members of the public forum. This also will teach you some better ways to formulate your critique threads to get better responses.

I have already come up with some assignments, and figure you will need to devote an hour or two per week to complete.

Who the hell do I think I am?
Well, I am an "advanced" beginner still with a lot to learn. I firmly believe teaching others is a great way to teach yourself. I have a pretty solid history in the art field, am a career artist, and own my own business designing jewelery. Sure, how does jewelery design relate to photography, you ask? Well, I am not going to be teaching so much on the technical aspects, but more on the creative thinking side of the coin. I only hope to help push you in a better direction creatively. Feel free to browse my Photostream to judge for yourself whether you think I have anything to offer you.

Think you can handle it?
Are you interested? Are you willing to put the time and effort needed to succeed? Are you willing to do this for 8-12 weeks? Are you going to wimp out after the third project? Are you thick skinned? Can you follow directions?

You!
You need to have at least some basic skill with post processing. You should be comfortable getting out of auto mode, into more creative modes like Aperture Priority, or Manual. You won't need experience with Flash, but you will need some portable methods of lighting. You know, lamps, shop lights, desk lamps, etc. If you need help with GIMP, see Sirashley's School for Gimp. Other forum references include: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...9084-exposure-your-photographic-triangle.html http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...tering-white-balance-jpeg-vs-raw-formats.html http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ry/193293-topic-3-layers-post-processing.html

Submit!
If you are interested, PM me 5 of your most awesome images. Tell me why each is awesome. Tell me why I should pick you. I will review your work and select the 8 people to join the "school". I am initially giving an entry deadline of Wednesday, February 24th. Depending on the response, I may close submission early, or extend it.

If you don't like how I am doing this, start your own school. :lmao:

Sincerely,
Bitter

Last edited:
pm sent

I would love to be part of this :lol:

Thanks, Dominantly. I don't know if you read any of the "details", but I am making a book for my Godmother of her village.

Interesting response so far. Honestly, some of you don't really need me, I don't think. Maybe I should rephrase that, this was aimed at beginners. ;)

Keep 'em coming. I know I am going to have to make some tough choices here.

I'm curious, what sort of photography will you be focusing on, or will you be spreading it out rather evenly? I'm very interested, but I'm not sure I have 5 "awsome" shots to send you. I could find 5 "ok" shots. :)

Interesting response so far. Honestly, some of you don't really need me, I don't think. Maybe I should rephrase that, this was aimed at beginners. ;-)

Keep 'em coming. I know I am going to have to make some tough choices here.
of course we need you... ;)

Bitter, I would definately like to be a part of your Evil School of Photography. Please don't close the entry before Monday because I'm on vacation right now so I don't have access to all of my photos. I'll send a PM as soon as I get home.

of course we need you... ;)
Heh...please. :lol:

there is always room for improvement.
Well, I actually had to rethink my thinking. Instead of saying "hey, these shots are pretty good, they don't need me" I may need to see it as "hmmm...what do have that might be useful to this person." I just hope, with what I have planned, that nobody is bored.

Bitter, I would definately like to be a part of your Evil School of Photography. Please don't close the entry before Monday because I'm on vacation right now so I don't have access to all of my photos. I'll send a PM as soon as I get home.

Not a problem Pharmakon. I will wait till Midnight Wednesday the 24th till I make my decisions. Nobody will be notified prior. This is kinda exciting.

Most reactions

Back