Bitter's Evil School of Photography.

I am definitely interested but not sure I have 5 shots that ANYONE would consider awesome. That's why you should choose me lol. I am really trying to learn but I feel like once I understand one thing, I forgot what I learned prior.

Oh. I'm supposed to pm you this aren't I ;) lol

Umm, Bitter, 5 pictures-- Maybe this isn't for me if I have to ask.. 5 pictures of what?

:clap::clap::clap:

mostly sunny - as I read it there is no set theme for the images you have to submit, save that they have to be you best level work. However reading in intentions of the assingments it sounds like this will be a lighting and (most likley) portraiture focused group - looking into offcamera lighting and "studio" setups (Be they indoor or outdoor). So that is the kind of photography that I would also submit in the 5 shots as well as the sort I would be looking to improve upon through this work.

which is why Bitter won't be getting a pm from me ;)

Well, I actually had to rethink my thinking. Instead of saying "hey, these shots are pretty good, they don't need me" I may need to see it as "hmmm...what do have that might be useful to this person." I just hope, with what I have planned, that nobody is bored.

Thats the spirit! I love a good creative challenge!

Can I play?

I'll PM you later when I'm off the company's VPN. No access to my gallery atm.

I want to play, but I don't have 5 pictures. :D

I am definitely interested but not sure I have 5 shots that ANYONE would consider awesome.

^^ This.

Pfft who cares what Anyone thinks of them? I've met Anyone and hes just some armchair critic who dosn't know his aperture from his...well..... ;)

Seriously though its your 5 best he wants to see - so show your 5 best/favouraite and defend them. :)

Very cool idea. I'll put together a PM sometime this weekend.

:clap::clap::clap:

mostly sunny - as I read it there is no set theme for the images you have to submit, save that they have to be you best level work.
Correct.

However reading in intentions of the assingments it sounds like this will be a lighting and (most likley) portraiture focused group - looking into offcamera lighting and "studio" setups (Be they indoor or outdoor).
Incorrect. :p

The projects I have in mind can become whatever you want. If portraiture applies, great. But it won't have to be that. I really don't know much about portraiture, it's not my gig. As far as lighting, I am not teaching about lighting persay, but the "student" may need more than available light, and the use of it is entirely up to them. Two projects may require additional light, but it all depends. :D

This project is more about pushing creativity.

So that is the kind of photography that I would also submit in the 5 shots as well as the sort I would be looking to improve upon through this work.
As per above, the submitted images can be anything you consider your best.

I thought I saw you complaining about only shooting bugs and stuff...

I want to play, but I don't have 5 pictures. :D
Dude. You start your own school!

However reading in intentions of the assingments it sounds like this will be a lighting and (most likley) portraiture focused group - looking into offcamera lighting and "studio" setups (Be they indoor or outdoor).
Incorrect. :p

The projects I have in mind can become whatever you want. If portraiture applies, great. But it won't have to be that. I really don't know much about portraiture, it's not my gig. As far as lighting, I am not teaching about lighting persay, but the "student" may need more than available light, and the use of it is entirely up to them. Two projects may require additional light, but it all depends. :D

This project is more about pushing creativity.

Ahh sorry I got the wrong end of the stick on that score - reading all those extra ligting setups made me think of strobist and then studio stuffs.

I thought I saw you complaining about only shooting bugs and stuff...

I was? heh probably because I'm hopless at the wildlife stuff (I mean finding the darn things - animals will insist on hiding!)

I'm half tempted to try now -- if only I could trap moths at home (windows open downward so moths don't tend to get in and I live in only one room - and I don't want to be cold all night long waiting ;) )

Hmmmmmmm........very cool idea!! Only 8 huh........=) I ll have to think about this!!

I'm interested but this is a horrible time of year for me to be able to commit to anything. I still have at least another five weeks of peak business to get through and by the end of the day all I want to do is eat, shower and sleep. Will this be done in a thread for all to see or more through PMs or offsite? I'd like to follow along anyway and if it works out maybe another version later this spring or summer. Either way good luck to both teacher and students.

Most reactions

Back