Bitter's Evil School of Photography.

I'm interested but this is a horrible time of year for me to be able to commit to anything. I still have at least another five weeks of peak business to get through and by the end of the day all I want to do is eat, shower and sleep. Will this be done in a thread for all to see or more through PMs or offsite? I'd like to follow along anyway and if it works out maybe another version later this spring or summer. Either way good luck to both teacher and students.

I understand about being busy. It's like xmas in my shop, which is odd for February. But heck, that's a good thing. :)

"Will this be done in a thread for all to see or more through PMs or offsite?" This is taking place in a Invite only Social Group provided by this forum. If this goes well, I'll definately do it again. I also thought of sending the "projects" out to everyone that was interested, but doesn't/didn't get selected for the 8. You could do it on your own, at least, but won't have access to the discussions, or the requirement of the group critiqueing each member of the group's work. I dunno yet. :D The way this was done before, you really benefitted more from the group discussions, rather than relying just on the organizer/administrater/teacher.

I think it'd be cool if you could annonimously post all the entries in this thresd. No harm, no foul. No names, no repentence

All the entries as in pictures? or the text?

The entries have been great!
The one that sent 5 images, and absolutely no text. The minimalist.
The one that formatted their entry exactly like my original post.
The begger.
The extra credit.
The incomplete application.
The resend.
The re-resend, just to make sure.

It is kinda fun to see each entrants personality in the form of the "application".
You all are awesome.
I have tough choices ahead of me.

Doh, would love to join but I'm afraid I don't own a flash or lighting equipment :(.
(Is a flashlight or mobile phone ok :p lol )

On average how much hours a week are expected/required?

You don't need a flash. Just portable lights like desk lamps, flashlights, iPhone, clamp on shop lights. That's part of pushing creativity...using what you have. Heck, even if you don't have a tripod, you can figure out other methods of getting a camera to sit still :p

How much time? I would guess a minimum of an hour or two per week. It really depends on you though.
Minimal effort, minimal gain.

Oh in that case I might be able to join. Now to see if my photos are good enough !

I have a really powerful 500W lamp/fire hazard, but problem is, it needs a power point, so not that portable, so can't use it outdoors

Subscribed! I am a total noob and am almost certain that I will gain a lot from your school. Submitting photos by Sunday night.

How intense will the projests be??
So intense that you will cry!

Equipment?
A camera, and a brain. Make sure you know how to use both!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back