Bixi bicycle on stand - CC would be appreciated

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Montreal has a new system of bike rentals around the city. You can pick up a bike at one station and drop it off at another. An easy way to get around the city, for almost the same price as a metro/subway ride.

I took this shot a few days ago and would love to hear some comments.
There are a few things I'd change in the background of the image, but I'd still love you hear what you have to say about composition, post processing and so on.

I usually don't do much post processing on my images, so I decided to try something new that I'm not used to :)

Thanks for looking

3910536911_04c26710e6_o.jpg

Composition:
The empty space on the buttom right is what's bothering me. I think you could've had a more interesting shot if you would've changed the angle. Personally I would've position myself infront of the bikes more where the rear wheel of the closest bike would fill the buttom right of the frame, or I would've scooted over to the right and up to fill the frame with the profiles of the bikes from a higher angle(I think the higher profile angle would've been a better to get rid of the cars in the background yet still the intersting lines of your shot remain).

PP:
Post is such a preference part of photography but this is my take on your photo. I think there's too much vignette which takes away from the interesting lines of your shot. I also find a bit too much space and cropped it down a bit to tighten the frame along the bikes more. And a bit of sharpening too. Here's how I saw it without changing colour..

3925465870_420eac7de9_o.jpg

Many thanks for the detailed CC and PP work. I love having something to mull over and think about next time I shoot.

Most reactions

Back