Black and White Fashion Portrait

I actually like photo 1 better than photo 2. I like the tight crop and think the model's pose is more unique than the second one. Both are really good though really impressed with your work! :1247:
Thank you. I like both, but I agree with you; the first is much better in my opinion.

I love my 135mm, but it can be a pain in the ass to use sometimes because of it's long focal length. I feel like an 85mm f/1.4 would give me an almost identical look and is a much easier focal length to work with.

I have a T3i, and with the crop sensor the 135mm can be kinda long some times. It is manual focus, but the mount adaptor I bought has a FC chip so that is nice. I have never used AF, so I don't mind it.
What aperture do you like to shoot at, in most of your portraits?

I love my 135mm, but it can be a pain in the ass to use sometimes because of it's long focal length. I feel like an 85mm f/1.4 would give me an almost identical look and is a much easier focal length to work with.

I have a T3i, and with the crop sensor the 135mm can be kinda long some times. It is manual focus, but the mount adaptor I bought has a FC chip so that is nice. I have never used AF, so I don't mind it.
What aperture do you like to shoot at, in most of your portraits?
Between f/2.8 and f/4.5. When I first got my 135mm I would always shoot at f/2, but lately I'm finding that it still renders backgrounds really well at slightly slower apertures, and I get more of the subject in focus.

Finished another.

Natural light + silver reflector.
5D MKII
85mm @f/2.2
1/2500 sec
ISO 400
untitled_by_danostergren-d9d9faj.jpg

Finished one more tonight. It's been a long time since my attention span has allowed me to completely retouch so many photos from the same series in such a short amount of time.
img_9041_1_by_danostergren-d9dhbls.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back