Black corners on images..

This could be a hood issue. But if it were a hood issue then you would have it in all four corners. Try it without the hood and filter. Then after try it with another cam. Then if that doesn't work then it sure is a lens malfunction. IMHO.

I'm pretty sure it's just when the hood is not on properly and is rotated slightly from how it should sit, causing only two of the corners to be blacked out. This happened to me on a shoot a while back at a party, I didn't notice for a while and all the photos until I fixed it came out looking exactly like the one the OP posted earlier.

This could be a hood issue. But if it were a hood issue then you would have it in all four corners. Try it without the hood and filter. Then after try it with another cam. Then if that doesn't work then it sure is a lens malfunction. IMHO.

I'm pretty sure it's just when the hood is not on properly and is rotated slightly from how it should sit, causing only two of the corners to be blacked out. This happened to me on a shoot a while back at a party, I didn't notice for a while and all the photos until I fixed it came out looking exactly like the one the OP posted earlier.

Cool... Then I think the problem is solved. Hope to hear some feedbacks from the thread stater. :thumbup:

I did some light painting last night so I wasnt able to really test the lens again. I work during the day then work out after. By the time I get home its around 8pm and the sun has already been down for a couple hours. This only happens in bright daylight so Im still looking for my window of opportunity. However, I did take the lens hood off and aligned the dots on the lens and hood. Also, the darkening of the corners only happened at 24mm (wide side) of the lens. Thanks for all the replies guys!

And that dust speck has shown up with that shoot and the one after. Im hoping its something between the lens and the filter being something of that magnitude needs to be taking care of ASAP!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back