What's new

Black Rapid Straps

Authorized

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
33
Reaction score
3
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, I get that they're good. I get that. But, does anybody else think that $65 for a camera strap is laughably absurd? Especially considering you can buy the exact same thing on Ebay for $17. Literally....the exact same thing.
 
I love mine and I don't think the price was absurd.

I don't have any experience with the Ebay ones, but I would have some reserves about calling it the 'exact same thing'.
 
Padded sling with a phone and memory card pouch. All the same. Would you like an "R" on yours? That'll be $65
 
Ok, I get that they're good. I get that. But, does anybody else think that $65 for a camera strap is laughably absurd? Especially considering you can buy the exact same thing on Ebay for $17. Literally....the exact same thing.

-
Where's the link?
Here's the D-Ring set-up if you have a strap you can use. Believe their new one has some kind of wire in it to prevent cutting.
Black Rapid FastenR-2
 
Padded sling with a phone and memory card pouch. All the same. Would you like an "R" on yours? That'll be $65

So the fabric, mount point, and quality of billet bolt in the bottom is all the same? Manufactured the same from same stock, came out of the same plant with the same standards/ Or is is a chinese knockoff or such? You have my interest....
 
You did remind me I still need to order a black rapid strap though, but I'm seriously listening closely about your ebay gig....
 
Padded sling with a phone and memory card pouch. All the same. Would you like an "R" on yours? That'll be $65

Four wheels, engine, doors, seats, windows, gages, reliable form of transportation. You can buy one for 10,000 or another for 200,000, but slapping a Bentley logo on a Kia doesn't make it the same thing.
 
Padded sling with a phone and memory card pouch. All the same. Would you like an "R" on yours? That'll be $65

So the fabric, mount point, and quality of billet bolt in the bottom is all the same? Manufactured the same from same stock, came out of the same plant with the same standards/ Or is is a chinese knockoff or such? You have my interest....
Of course not. But here's the link.... the "QUICK RAPID" strap Quick Rapid Camera Sling Strap Black for Nikon Canon | eBay
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All I can tell is a different mount.
 
Walk around gear - between my d7000 and a 24-70 lens, there's a few grand hanging off my strap. Thats not a lot to most folks on here of course, but for me it is and I'll sleep better with the $65 strap attached. Maybe I'm silly.
 
Walk around gear - between my d7000 and a 24-70 lens, there's a few grand hanging off my strap. Thats not a lot to most folks on here of course, but for me it is and I'll sleep better with the $65 strap attached. Maybe I'm silly.
-
Agree - Not buying one at this time, If I need to move that fast it is when I hunt upland game birds. One has to make sure the hardware is quality. I'm sure the replica is nice but not to hold your primary camera.
-
Shoot well, Joe
 
Well, it's proven that paying more for something makes people think it's a better product, that's just fact. I don't fault you or anybody for that. As far as the comfort of trusting something that costs that much, you could put parachute cord around your neck with a clip attached to a tripod plate and you're gear would be fine. It's just the price point of $65. It baffles me how they get that. Sure, kudos to them. Good business model. But good lord... I awesome hate these type of photography products that come along like this. Why? Because everybody has to have one. Starving photographers buy these when they could have easily bought promotional material, partially funded a personal portfolio shoot, had a cheap website designed, etc.
 
Padded sling with a phone and memory card pouch. All the same. Would you like an "R" on yours? That'll be $65
The extra $$ is for a product that doesn't violate us patents, if you want to buy illegal rip-offs go ahead.
 
Once you get one, you'll see it's $65 well spent.

(than again, I did recently bang up the prism a little on my Mamiya recently..)
 
I guess not... I have 2!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom