What's new

Black Rapid Straps

Well, it's proven that paying more for something makes people think it's a better product, that's just fact. I don't fault you or anybody for that. As far as the comfort of trusting something that costs that much, you could put parachute cord around your neck with a clip attached to a tripod plate and you're gear would be fine. It's just the price point of $65. It baffles me how they get that. Sure, kudos to them. Good business model. But good lord... I awesome hate these type of photography products that come along like this. Why? Because everybody has to have one. Starving photographers buy these when they could have easily bought promotional material, partially funded a personal portfolio shoot, had a cheap website designed, etc.

It's also been proven that paying less for some knock off product that people assume is "literally the same thing" makes some people feel as if they are purchasing a comparable product and getting a great deal....that's just a fact.

Bottom line....pricing for a product is considered "laughably absurd" when your product goes unsold. If consumers are willing to pay your asking price, it's called a completed sale.

Also unless you have purchased both straps, and used them extensively, how do you know they are the exact same thing? There are a number of knock off photography products in the market that are grossly inferior to the originals.
 
Walk around gear - between my d7000 and a 24-70 lens, there's a few grand hanging off my strap. Thats not a lot to most folks on here of course, but for me it is and I'll sleep better with the $65 strap attached. Maybe I'm silly.

My attitude is that I want to hang my camera from the links that have been tested for the purpose rather than the tripod screw and I don't want the lens jiggling around behind me.
 
i bought the knockoff one off ebay. ill get some photos of it and post it up when i get home. ive been using it for a few weeks now and i LOVE it. and no, it hasnt given me mercury or lead poisoning (or worse - broke and caused my d90 to become bffs with mr concrete).
 
LOL, i am using the ebay knock off for about 4-5 months now and no its no going to drop your expsive gear on the concrete like everyone is saying. its only 17 bucks and its as good as the real black rapid. side to side they are the same except for the mount. I love the mount on the cheap one better since it a plate and i dont have to deal with removing the small screw evertime i want to use a tripod. I am using 70-200, gripped d7000, 85mm 1.4 and other heavy ****

3-4 of my friend bought one after trying mine and they are all satisfied with it.
 
Last edited:
Well I have the BR and I love it ....the only thing that really P*** me off was the fact of buying a screw I could leave on there and use with my R2 system for the tripod ... ... they wanted over $20 for a screw ...it works great but I still think about it and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 
what good does going onto a public forum and complaining about it do?

I only paid $15 for the RS-7 but gladly paid $50 for that cute little mesh bag :D
 
LOL, i am using the ebay knock off for about 4-5 months now and no its no going to drop your expsive gear on the concrete like everyone is saying. its only 17 bucks and its as good as the real black rapid. side to side they are the same except for the mount. I love the mount on the cheap one better since it a plate and i dont have to deal with removing the small screw evertime i want to use a tripod. I am using 70-200, gripped d7000, 85mm 1.4 and other heavy ****

3-4 of my friend bought one after trying mine and they are all satisfied with it.

Idk about yours, but my mount had a slot for a "safety strap". If somehow the plate/screw comes undone, the safety strap will prevent your **** from falling.

Will get photos today, totally forgot
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom