What's new

Blooming Bride.....

I like them both each way as different photos. I can't say that I like one over the other.
 
This is your favorite? You have got to be kidding.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #18
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #19
Now they show up. Pretty cool. At least you got to go outside. I had to shoot inside all night. I have learned I hate shooting inside.

hahaha... see my other thread on this wedding. There are PLENTY of inside pictures from this one. :) The inside stuff can be troublesome, but the dappled or super-harsh light of many outdoor situations can also be a bit of a pain. :)

manaheim said:
Yeah, I get those on my own pics on the iphone. For some reason the iphone app doesn't like my images hosted on MY website, which is odd.

I wonder why that is? Does your website hate freedom?

hahaha... on an iphone? Freedom? Er....................... :lol:
 
This is your favorite? You have got to be kidding.
Said the guy who put a gazzilion detail shots as his favorite shots for the whole year. :)

Sorry george, got to say it :). I do agree with you that this image may not be that strong, but at least it is only for 1 wedding.
 
This is your favorite? You have got to be kidding.
Said the guy who put a gazzilion detail shots as his favorite shots for the whole year. :)

Sorry george, got to say it :). I do agree with you that this image may not be that strong, but at least it is only for 1 wedding.

Let's just say my set for this year will be stronger than last. I will post them soon.

But that has nothing to do with this particular image. For me, this isn't even a keeper...much less a favorite.

Oh, and George has a captial 'G'...
 
This is your favorite? You have got to be kidding.
Said the guy who put a gazzilion detail shots as his favorite shots for the whole year. :)

Sorry george, got to say it :). I do agree with you that this image may not be that strong, but at least it is only for 1 wedding.

Let's just say my set for this year will be stronger than last. I will post them soon.

But that has nothing to do with this particular image. For me, this isn't even a keeper...much less a favorite.

Oh, and George has a captial 'G'...

There is no way this image is not a keeper. We may disagree on whether or not the image is good enough to be a portfolio shot or not... but to deliver to the client? Definitely deliver.. no question.


Cant wait to see your set man. That is good you feel you have a good set.
 
Said the guy who put a gazzilion detail shots as his favorite shots for the whole year. :)

Sorry george, got to say it :). I do agree with you that this image may not be that strong, but at least it is only for 1 wedding.

Let's just say my set for this year will be stronger than last. I will post them soon.

But that has nothing to do with this particular image. For me, this isn't even a keeper...much less a favorite.

Oh, and George has a captial 'G'...

There is no way this image is not a keeper. We may disagree on whether or not the image is good enough to be a portfolio shot or not... but to deliver to the client? Definitely deliver.. no question.


Cant wait to see your set man. That is good you feel you have a good set.

Exposure is spot on. So is focus. That has nothing to do with whether or not it is a good photo.

It is the composition and the expression that ruins it for me. It is not a portfolio image, and the client probably won't like it. It looks like a beautiful bride captured at her worst.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #24
Ummm....





I don't quite get the... venom? Is it venom?



I'm not one to typically defend an image of mine... and I'm clearly not the greatest wedding photographer on god's green earth, but... I'm sorry, K, but this is a good image. Particularly if you know the couple in question, and even if you don't.

Maybe not your personal style, but this type of picture totally strikes a chord with me. Big shock... I have an atypical view on photography. *shrug*

I'm quite positive the couple will love this, and I have every intention of putting it up on my site.
 
First off, this bride and groom had a GREAT sense of humor and LOVED shots that were somewhat out of the ordinary.

Second, the moment and the expression are humorous and unique.

Third, it also has a shape and pattern to it that are interesting in an almost abstract sense.

I am not the greatest wedding photographer in the world, and I'm not one to pat myself on the back or bother defending an image... but I'm a pretty solid photographer and I know when an image is spot on. This image is spot on. The couple is going to love it, and I would show it off personally because it is absolutely my style.

It may not be to your style or personal preference, but you're panning it at an almost vengeful level, which I don't get. I guess I need to try to find this thread you two are talking about where you showed your work so I can see where this angle is coming from.

Not vengeful at all. Personally, I just don't think this is a good shot. There is no backstory. There is no vendetta.

It's just a beautiful bride captured at the wrong moment. And that is just my opinion.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #26
*shrug*

This is the first time in quite a while on TPF that someone seemed to have an opinion SO out of line with what my experience tells me that I couldn't make it mesh up at all.

Odd.
 
You should see the beautiful bride I captured at her worst tonight. Pretty much every shot I tried to get of her. lol. I failed so bad at the bride. However, I wasn't really to be focused on the bride anyway...so I just tried to get a few here and there...and um...yeah. Fail. But I learned a lot of what I need to focus on, so that's good, I came out of it with something.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #28
I just found the thread of Kerb's best.

Gives me more of a sense of where he's coming from anyway.

;)



Ernicus... :lol: It's REALLY tough to do, man. Don't feel bad. I think I've gotten better, but there is just so much in flux at these things. It's ESPECIALLY tough if you're the secondary and don't have full control.
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #29
ok ok... maybe the expression could be better... and I did take multiples as I always do... fine, fine... what about this one, Kerb? Happier? Yes, I know you still won't like it overall, but... happier?

Wedding%20-%20Rachelle%20and%20Steven%20-%200484%20b.jpg
 
100X better. Look at the girl on the right also.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom