What's new

Boat on land

Actinometro

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
1,276
Reaction score
287
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was reticent if I should upload this photo.
Well ... here is it

iu5l6.jpg
 
Interesting. It almost looks like a fancy bottle or vase....I like it. :thumbup:
 
Thank you, Carol.
 
Is dat sum faux DoF?
 
Can you please translate your question into English ?
 
Is that some fake depth of field?

Do you understand that better?
 
Yes I do, thank you.
No, it's not fake DOF. I applied some gradual blurring (darktable) on the sides to isolate the boat.
 
Actinometro said:
Yes I do, thank you.
No, it's not fake DOF. I applied some gradual blurring (darktable) on the sides to isolate the boat.

Then that's considered fake DOF. Nice boat though.
 
Yes I do, thank you.
No, it's not fake DOF. I applied some gradual blurring (darktable) on the sides to isolate the boat.

Yeah, you totally used faux DoF then duder. But it's okie.
 
I like the concept of the shot, but would have prefered the entire boat in focus as it's already isolated from the building in the background.
 
Me too Joel, but background was too much present. Just couldn't do better.

Thank you.
 
hmm.....this is down in "actinometer"
It is too centered....the best background for this would be sea.... sky looks washed out ...
So in comparison to your works.... :scratch:
 
To appreciate what's good one has to taste what's not so good ! ;)
 
I like it: the angle, the color, the composition are quite good.
How ever, looking at it I had an idea about trying another look because the fake DoF is a little weird for me.

So I would have gone with some vignetting and then some editing to end up with an old look, like and old photo, not necessarily scratched - LR has a few presets you may try to get and idea.
If you try it, I would love to see the result!

Thanks!
 
I like it: the angle, the color, the composition are quite good.
How ever, looking at it I had an idea about trying another look because the fake DoF is a little weird for me.

So I would have gone with some vignetting and then some editing to end up with an old look, like and old photo, not necessarily scratched - LR has a few presets you may try to get and idea.
If you try it, I would love to see the result!

Thanks!

Thank you ! I had already tried it.
Your post suggested me to try something different. Hope you like it.

xudim.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom