Born into Brothels.

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Watch it.

You'll love it.

I usually hate documentaries, but this one wasn't what I expected.

I was blown away by the photos that that first kid they profiled took, most of them I wish I had taken myself! But I was a bit sad that they didnt get all the kids to stay in the schools.

The ones I like the most are the ones that stayed in school. That boy who went to Amsterdam and the mouthy girl.

Anyway, it's weird how I just spent a lot of money on an expensive camera, and they were just using regular point and shoots and getting pictures that I would die to have in my portfolio.

bace said:
That boy who went to Amsterdam
Yeah, I liked his work too. Was stunned to see him taking a shot while emptying a bucket... Uber creative! :thumbup:

And just his angles on stuff. Same kinda photography that I like to take myself.

Just glad he ended up in school. I got a little frustrated for a bit there.

It really shows you that vision in terms of creativity is much more important than equipment.

If anybody knows anything about Terry Richardson. He gets paid big bucks for fashion work that he takes with a point and shoot camera.

I loved the images from the kids. Powerful work. Clearly the work was effective in that it may have sparked a creative outlet in the children. Art is universally beautiful. Teaching that to the kids and the world is very important.

On the other hand I felt that the picture was a little sophmoric. I know these kids are against all odds. The filmmakers felt that was not understood, so they drove the point home. Further more; who does this lady think she is? Gandhi? You can not roll up onto a culture and think you are going to change it. Basically she gave these kids some hope and snatched it away.

Check out "Rize" by photographer Dave Chapple. These kids are into the art of dance. Very positive. Sort of.

Unimaxium said:
I think you mean David LaChapelle. ;)
Dave Chapelle is that guy with a show on Comedy Central.

PS: if you want to see something really crazy, take a look at this video by LaChapelle. (not work safe at all). I still don't understand the point of it.

OMG is that about :confused: :confused:

Most reactions

Back