weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken on the first night out with my new camera. I had tried to shoot multiple exposures handheld as I didn't have my tripod and while the 7 shot bracketing gave me a good selection of files there was just too much movement to combine multiple exposures with any kind of decent result. So I just picked one shot and edited that in Lightroom, not quite the quality I was hoping for as I had to raise the castle up by 2 stops which is very evident in the original at 100%. The sky was lovely that evening though so I just couldn't bring myself to bin the all the shots.

Bothwell Castle 2 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Nice pic, it looks fine to me.

Thanks mate, I might end up having a few goes at this one to see what I can do.

Those bits at the front are the founds for the drawbridge which never got built. The castle was originally meant to be much bigger even though it was extended a few times. First built in the 1200s It got caught up in the wars of independence in 1292 due to it's strategic nature, changing hands a few times before the Scots seriously scuppered it in 1336 (there had been one previous attempt to put it beyond use) thought it was eventually repaired in the late 13 and early 1400s. It's widely considered the finest example of 13th century castles.

Nice pic, it looks fine to me.

Thanks mate, I might end up having a few goes at this one to see what I can do.

Those bits at the front are the founds for the drawbridge which never got built. The castle was originally meant to be much bigger even though it was extended a few times. First built in the 1200s It got caught up in the wars of independence in 1292 due to it's strategic nature, changing hands a few times before the Scots seriously scuppered it in 1336 (there had been one previous attempt to put it beyond use) thought it was eventually repaired in the late 13 and early 1400s. It's widely considered the finest example of 13th century castles.

I love old castles. Now I want one with a draw bridge, towers and lots of balistraria for my Diamond Edge SB-1, compound bow. :boogie:

I love old castles. Now I want one with a draw bridge, towers and lots of balistraria for my Diamond Edge SB-1, compound bow. :boogie:

I'm quite fond of them myself, though they can be difficult to photograh well. We've got more castles and fortified houses in Scotland than England and Wales combined, so spoiled for choice really. Need a fair chunk of change to get one with a drawbridge and enough land to shoot a bow off it with impunity though!

Most reactions

Back