What's new

Bowling Ally Shot. C&C

JohnTrav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 29, 2012
Messages
442
Reaction score
28
Location
Philadelphia
Took this just for fun while watching my girlfriend bowl a tournament. Let me know your thoughts.

$IMG_4003.webp

taken at:
50mm f/1.4
ISO 800
1/250 s

Gear used:
Canon 7D
Canon 50mm f/1.4

I left the camera flat on the hard wood of that ally when I took this shot and for some reason it came out crooked (fixed in PS)
 
Please give me some feedback on this picture. Let me know your thoughts.
 
Please give me some feedback on this picture. Let me know your thoughts.


Honestly? Since you asked, here is what I see.

The picture appears crooked and poorly composed, the fact that it was shot at 1.4, and there is really nothing in the DOF makes foreground a blurry mess, and the subject (the pins straight ahead I'm ssuming?) blurry as well with nothing seeming to be in focus (well, a small portion of the advertisement seems to be in focus, but that's about it....). The pins in the center of the frame are blown out, and to be honest... if it weren't for the bowling pins in the picture, I wouldn't have any idea what I was looking at.

Sorry.

The good news is that I'm not a professional photographer or an artist, so you can take my C&C for what it's worth.
 
Last edited:
I think the one thing you can do with this image is take the bottom half alone...that may be a good abstract probably; as such it does not make any sense; for you, who witnessed what it is, the problem may not exist; but those who see may go confused... that is why .... :grumpy:

Regards :D
 
The blurry foreground adds a visual element ... but it's still just a bowling alley.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom