Brakes

Samuel.z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got inspired by some abstract artist can't recall his name though but he had similar work to this. so i tried to shoot something similar and it turned out pretty cool. but i was not sure what parts i should've highlighted.

what parts did i miss? what parts should not have been included? i'd like some feedback.

gJ8b155.png

Last edited:
I think you did a pretty good job on this overall. This type of photo was built on strong side lighting. It shows some details very well while obscuring other parts. I think the biggest Improvement that you could make to this would be to crop it somewhat, maybe eliminate some of the bottom and definitely eliminate a little bit of the right hand side. Since this is the photo that has show and reveal I think it would be okay if you even cropped into the bottom of the brake assembly. I don't think that the negative space on the right hand side is contributing a lot, andbin fact I think it's distracting a bit. Overall though a photo like this is something that everyone will have his or her own opinion about. I'm not a car guy, but I do like the way the light reveals the detail on the center nut with the adjustment scale. I think this type of strong side lighting is very good for showing the nature of man-made machine-like objects such as this. This is very dramatic lighting, and I think the center nut and scale would make a good subject for a closer-in look shot. Same with the rotary scratch marks on the outside of the drum-- those are kind of interesting too, and they'd also be good shown in a close-up look as well.

Most reactions

Back