Brand "snobbery" ?

Sony user here......(eats popcorn) watches Nikon/Canon slugfest :)

Sony user here......(eats popcorn) watches Nikon/Canon slugfest :)

Funny you say that...

I recently bumped into Carl Sony (President of Sony) on my cruiseship vacation. We ended up having breakfast on the deck. Carl informed me that Sony DSLRs are now engineered and assembled by the people in their Alarm Clock division due to cutbacks....

Carl also whispered an aside that all the old Minolta lenses were nothing but crap....

Bet I could post 10 pics (with no exif info) and you wouldn't be able to tell which are Canon or Nikon, other than just plain guessing.
Canon/Nikon
Ford/Chevy
Sausage/Bacon
Windows/Mac
etc. etc. blah blah blah...

CANON RULES!!!!! :)

Bet I could post 10 pics (with no exif info) and you wouldn't be able to tell which are Canon or Nikon, other than just plain guessing.
Canon/Nikon
Ford/Chevy
Sausage/Bacon
Windows/Mac

Nikon
Ford
Bacon
I swing both ways.

:mrgreen:

Canon/Nikon
Ford/Chevy
Sausage/Bacon
Windows/Mac

It's obvious you only joined this thread to start a sausage vs bacon war... troll....

I'll have you know that Bacon has been searched many time on this forum...

Funny you say that...

I recently bumped into Carl Sony (President of Sony) on my cruiseship vacation. We ended up having breakfast on the deck. Carl informed me that Sony DSLRs are now engineered and assembled by the people in their Alarm Clock division due to cutbacks....

Carl also whispered an aside that all the old Minolta lenses were nothing but crap....

if they start putting alarm clocks in my Sony dslr then i will have a better reason to tell the wife why it's on the nightstand :D

Correct me if I'm wrong - I always thought that the general consensus was that Canon is better at telephoto, while Nikon is better at wide angle.

Nikon, just for the D90, as my first dslr.

All in all does it really matter? Last year I would have sworn that Nikon was neglecting me and all it's customers what with Canon's awesome cameras. This year Nikon made camera users of all sorts drool with high iso madness. Next year who knows who will be on top or what will happen.

There is no company A has better performance than company B, not in the general market anyway. Yes Canon may have more tiltshift lenses and be better for architecture, but even that is pushing any argument between the big two.

As for any other brand I can only say size and experience.
Olympus - have you seen their high end lenses? Where are the well priced mid range lenses that the market needs?
Pentax - do these guys even have a high end camera?
Sony - sorry, but 20 years of a company chasing a quick buck and then screwing their customers by changing direction and releasing cheap crap + lack of experience makes me never want to touch their cameras. Sony like Philips is a company I only respect for their microchips and wholesale products. (personal opinion)

P.s. I am a snob.

When I first started thinking about switching from my trusty ricoh kr-5 film camera to digital, I thought about the d40 because of how cheap it was. When I went go buy my first dslr I held the d40 and the canon XTI and felt the XTI was a better fit. It was all about feeling for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back