Bridezilla and wedding photography

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Caught a couple of episodes of this show this weekend and saw this one: Bridezilla Liza and her demanding ways! - YouTube I've shot only a few weddings in my time and never relied on photography to be my sole income. I can honestly say though, mortgage or not, I would've laughed at this lady and walked out. Anyone have any real life experience of someone like this?

She needs a bit of this,:whip:

Some of that, :spank:

and this finish her off with a bit of this :gun:

I have turned down a few brides who I thought would be problems at the interview. Others told me I'm not wealthy and should not turn away money, but with all the crazy lawsuits going around, I can't afford NOT to turn the crazy ones away. Yeah, I have a lawyer but that is time and money away from my business. I'm insured up to my eyeballs just so I can sleep at night.

I've turned down weddings for bridezillas and for people I just didn't like for whatever reason. I'd tell that chick to take a walk. There's no way!

On the flip side of that... I recently read an article somewhere about a husband and wife couple turned down a gay or lesbian wedding because of their religious beliefs and have now found themselves in the situation of being sued for discrimination. And it wasn't looking good for them.

So where does the line get drawn on things we decline? Food for thought!

If someone offered to pay me 1% I think I would soil myself.....WITH EXCITEMENT.

How could y'all turn that down? Seriously? Quit being so damn elitist.

It always blows me away that people think they can tell you what you charge for services. I was hoping his response would be: "Okay... well, that's not how this works..." and just reams her.

haha

Since for some reason the video isn't available to me, can someone give me the Cole's Notes version?

If someone offered to pay me 1% I think I would soil myself.....WITH EXCITEMENT.

How could y'all turn that down? Seriously? Quit being so damn elitist.

You're kidding, right?

It's not a matter of being elitist... it's a matter of making a business decision based upon risks. If the person is... challenging... it will cost you at the very least frustration, will quite likely cost your more time (time=money), and will possibly cost you in terms of a lawsuit (again time... and atty fees... and opportunity costs... and then financial damages if any).

For Tirediron,

A chunky, Latina girl with a bad dye job and hooker makeup meets a photographer in her apartment. She tells the photographer the photos have to be perfect and she has to look better than anyone else. She doesn't want any photoshopping and she wants to tell him who he can and can't shoot because she has "a lot of fatties in [her] bridal party. She also thinks it is only fair that she only pays for the images that are perfect on a percentage basis. So the photographer asked what would she pay for one photo and she says 1%. Then the clip ends. I'm hoping that he said thanks but no thanks and walked away.

Since for some reason the video isn't available to me, can someone give me the Cole's Notes version?

Voice of Rosie Perez, looks of a Latina Snookie, Arrogance of Donald Trump, Brains of The Scarecrow.

Most memorable quotes.... "I was thinking it was fair for you to like, get paid, like, on a percentage basis." and "I don't want my pictures to have to have any photoshop. If I'm shiny,I need you to stop and tell me I'm shiny. shine is not my friend." Oooo.... Let's not forget that when her fiance tried to intervene because she was being a dumbass..... "Jeez... Why don't you like go make me a sandwich or something."

If I shot weddings, I would run from this one. Good thing I'm not good enough to shoot weddings.

For Tirediron,

A chunky, Latina girl with a bad dye job and hooker makeup meets a photographer in her apartment. She tells the photographer the photos have to be perfect and she has to look better than anyone else. She doesn't want any photoshopping and she wants to tell him who he can and can't shoot because she has "a lot of fatties in [her] bridal party. She also thinks it is only fair that she only pays for the images that are perfect on a percentage basis. So the photographer asked what would she pay for one photo and she says 1%. Then the clip ends. I'm hoping that he said thanks but no thanks and walked away.

:lol: Ok, rexbo HAD to be joking then. :)

Just tell brides like that, that company policy requires the inclusion of a PITA charge.

I've turned down a couple where the bride acted strikingly similar. "I have to look perfect", "don't make anyone look fat", "don't take pictures if we're shiny", than they told me that they couldn't pay more than $600 and I said "have a good night, I don't think i'm the man for the job" and left.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back