broke it :(

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Stupid tripod :confused: my camera fell over from about 4 feet to a hard marble floor. The speedlite foot broke, just where is slides into place. the sensors are in tact...is it fixable?

The camera otherwise seems intact. I inspected the lens and its scuffed on the rim but no visiable defects to the glass. The camera seems ok...functions work, the photos thus far seem fine (its dark here so I will have to wait til tomorrow to really check out how it does). How can I tell if it is broken? My brother told me if I drop it at all then i will have broke it :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What's your camera?

no more advice then that? I am so heart broken i could cry...I am trying very hard not to actually

If it works fine you should be okay. Although you will likely be embarrassed by your ugly camera, haha.

Where/ when did you buy it?

a month ago...
it almost seems like its over exposing...its hard to know though its so dark in here. would that be something that could be broken?

Relax, chances are your camera is working. You are getting a bit paranoid. If your lens is fine (glass, autofocus and zoom) and your camera is taking pictures with it, chances are it endured a lot less damage than your nerves right now.

Sorry about your flash, though. Can you take a few pictures of the damage to it? I would love to have a look. I love fixing things.

i wouldn't worry too much If I had a dollar for every time my camera has been dropped! the speed light You should be able 2 super glue the foot back together? I have one that did the same thing a long long time ago and It has held up for the most part. I have had 2 re glue it once or twice but it still works fine. You can take your camera in to a photo store and they can recalibrate it. I think? if it seems a little off. But they are pretty durable, for the most part.

The camera is probably fine, usually camera damage is all or nothing. Are the contacts on your speedlite still in tact? Some JB-Weld can patch that right up is its just broken plastic. Post some photos of the damage so we can get a better idea.

Thanks for the reassurance. I have already dropped my camera twice. Both tripod and kid related (kids needed me, i left the camera on the tripod and boom). so lesson learned i hope...although kids always do come first.

here is a photo. I think i will try glue...the sensors are ok

break162-1.jpg

That looks fixable easy enough but I wouldn't use a super glue. The stuff is strong but the shear strength is really low. I would try some 5 or 10 minute epoxy or J-B Weld like Ryan suggested.

Can I also suggest a tripod with a quick release and a camera strap welded to your neck?;) That thud sound had to have hurt.

I'd just send it to Canon for a repair. Probably wouldn't cost all that much to fix, and then you don't have to worry about it breaking again, falling again, and possibly taking out the whole flash unit.

hey Gawonii, are you an engineer, or engineering major or something? I dont hear much about sheer strength out of school haha

i agree though, super glue will fix that, or epoxy, epoxy will be stronger so i'd probably do that, but if your camera SEEMS to be ok, then it most likely is

hey Gawonii, are you an engineer, or engineering major or something? I dont hear much about sheer strength out of school haha

i agree though, super glue will fix that, or epoxy, epoxy will be stronger so i'd probably do that, but if your camera SEEMS to be ok, then it most likely is
:lol::lol::lol: Just an average Joe, bit I did stay in a Holliday Inn last night. I've used them all enough to know, is all. If you want something to last, stay away from cyano glues.

Most reactions

Back