Broken valentine rose, C & C please

Well, I'm just saying that for a photograph to be successful, it needs to be more than a shot of a flower. I'm sure Derrel or Bitter or anyone more experienced than myself could write in lengths about this, and formulate that in a good, understandable way. I'm trying to say that if you press the shutter, something must have made you do that. Being artistic for the sake of "being artistic" isn't really something I like. I saw a video on youtube once, I think it was that Gavin guy, about shooting a flower on a plank, with a weird WB and heavy vignette from photoshop. I'm guessing several people went out into their back yard to shoot flowers on planks with weird WBs and with heavy vignette, but those photos do not mean anything. They did it because they saw a video on it, they initiate the shot by themselves due some something they felt.

I don't know why you really took that photo, other than "for practice", and I'm not sure what you practiced. If you had a "reason" for taking it, whether it was because you liked the contrast between flower on road, or because you wanted to convey an emotion of something, or something that might provoke some feelings in the viewer, then I'd understand it. I don't know how much time you put into the photo, either. For all I know, you may have put a flower on the road and snapped away just for the sake of "getting a cool pic of flower on road".

I'm not sure if I'm reaching through, here.

/opinion

cgipson1 said:
Really? I always considered V day to be a two way street.. not just one way! I try to make every day somewhat romantic and affectionate... not just V-day! And yes.. Screwing is nice too! ;)

I was just kidding! :)

So Screwing is not nice? Is that what you mean? Or just not with me? :(

Oh jeez, what has this thread turned into?
How romantic. Gipson the sex fiend .

blackrose89 said:
My hubby treated me right!!! I woke up with cards, presents, shopping trip, donuts and coffee :lol:

All I got was bag of garbage for the trash before I left this morning for class >&hellip;<

So much for trying to have a discussion :lol:

So much for trying to have a discussion :lol:
For what it's worth I loved your edit and am paying attention to why you're saying! I'm very much interested in gothic style still life photos, but I'm unsure as to where to start. Seems like a challenge to make a still life a stand out photo and not random. I have maybe two still life photos I'm actually ok with.

I don't really know what gothic means, so you've beaten me there :) I think crows and big houses, but that may be inaccurate :p

I don't really know what gothic means, so you've beaten me there :) I think crows and big houses, but that may be inaccurate :p
I've been trying to find other photos for inspiration or a starting a point, but it seems like it takes some pretty decent equipment to pull it off. I'm not really finding goth photography that's really within my capabilities. Although I do like your edit. I've always done gothic art. And I feel although it's getting better and is not bad, my photography is rather boring so far. I want to find my style. My creative voice if you will.

blackrose89 said:
I want to find my style./QUOTE]

Who doesn't? :) Finding one's style, and be confident in it, that's the hard part, I think.

blackrose89 said:
I want to find my style./QUOTE]

Who doesn't? :) Finding one's style, and be confident in it, that's the hard part, I think.

I think it's a bit harder with photography. When painting or sketching you are not limited to what's in front of you. You can create any world you want. It's not say it's not possible and I don't want tot spark the whole "you just have to learn what to see" argument, but I think it's harder to train your eyes to see rather then to create from your mind. For me anyway.

Oh and the white part at the top was a glare from the wet deck that was blurred.

Yes, that white overexposed area is really killing the shot...the rose as seen on concrete isn't working too well for me. WHat my mind wants to see is the "broken rose" that the title of the post led me to believe would be the subject of perhaps a photo. As shown, some other title, like "short-stemmed red rose on back deck" seems more descriptive. The "broken" part is all in your own mind...I do not see a "broken" rose...I see one that simply has no stem, and then a second one that appears to have a short stem, almost as if it was designed to be slipped into the button-hole on a man's jacket lapel, so he can take you out to dinner with a red rose boutonniere. That is of course, what hubby had planned right??? He deliberately damaged that ONE,single rose, so that you can make it in to a boutonniere for him, when he takes you out to dinner tonight! Right???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back