Bubbles, Elevators, and Cute Dogs

@Jaemie

It was posed insofar as she knew I had a camera but her actual pose was all her doing -- I said nothing :) She's actually looking at train tracks but her expression was as pensive as if waiting for a bus!

@Haya.H

Thanks for the suggestion! I like your version better, I definitely see where I went overboard on the color. Thanks!

As a follow up I have two from today -- no point in starting a new thread.

Eli Sotto, 89, sole proprietor of The Trim Shop located at W. Peachtree St. & 5th St.

Born in Greece, he survived the holocaust and survived Auschwitz as a barber for the commandeer of the camp. None of his immediate family survived. He moved to Atlanta with his wife, another holocaust surivor, and opened his barbershop in 1963. The other side of his shop is covered in pictures of friends and family, all of whom mean the world to Eli.

7 years ago construction on a high-rise forced Eli to move his shop. Though he has many loyal customers the move has been hard, the shop doesn't get as many new customers as it used to.

auschwitz_to_atlanta_2_by_pianoblack97-d512zlk.jpg

auschwitz_to_atlanta_1_by_pianoblack97-d512zgd.jpg

7 & 8: Those awesome chairs are stealing the show! They're just begging for the camera. Anyway, I like barber and his expression and face and attitude; he's a great subject. But there is a lot going on in his shop and he's getting lost in it, imo. Are those ashtrays built in to the chair? Smoking and getting a haircut? Perhaps if you shot him closer, in B&W, with a shallow DOF? hmm..

#3 is my absolute favorite!

7 & 8: Those awesome chairs are stealing the show! They're just begging for the camera. Anyway, I like barber and his expression and face and attitude; he's a great subject. But there is a lot going on in his shop and he's getting lost in it, imo. Are those ashtrays built in to the chair? Smoking and getting a haircut? Perhaps if you shot him closer, in B&W, with a shallow DOF? hmm..

I felt that too, his shop was so full of stuff. I don't know about the ashtrays -- I was there on my lunch break so I didn't have a lot of time to find the details. I will be going back though! and I plan on getting a 50mm f/1.8 soon so I'll be able to get that shallow DoF soon ;)

Here's one more, I PROMISE this is the last one for this thread :)

pool_time_by_pianoblack97-d517cj5.jpg

oo the 50 mm 1.8 is great. It gets frustrating sometimes because you can only get so close to an object but then again its not a macro sooo maybe im just full of
complaints. lol but its basically whats always on my camera. i love it.

& the above picture automatically reminded me of the rubber ducky song... yeah the sesame street one. in my defense i just found out that it was sesame street.

Most reactions

Back