Budding wedding photographer FAIL!

Hopefully someone will read it who has the wallet and at least get it to the couple who can maybe salvage some.

When I awoke from my hangover haze, I had a sneaky suspicion this would end up on here.

...and I did tell them I was sorry. Just FYI. *hic*

I have to say I am kind of fascinated how important people take wedding photographs.

I have to say I am kind of fascinated how important people take wedding photographs.

hmm..not really sure either. we've only been married for 13 years (together for 18 years) so I guess we haven't quite reached the point of not feeling nostalgic about our wedding pictures.
some people however, look at their wedding day as a somewhat important occasion and the pictures of that event become a window into that time and place. a captured memory into what
we hope is a once in a lifetime event. (that's what WE hope for anyway) and that , in my opinion, is why people value their wedding photos. That is also why if you are shooting someones wedding, the utmost care should be taken that you give them, at the very least, good quality pictures.

As a wedding photographer, I'm surprised (and disheartened) at how little some people value their wedding photos.

They will spend $2500 on a dress, $1000 on a cake, $3000 on flowers...plus lots on renting the venue, decorations, catering & drinks etc. But when it comes to hiring a wedding photographer, they often want to skimp.

But when you think about it...all those other things are only for one day...and then they're gone. It's the photos that help to keep the memories of all those other things, and you'll always have the photos.

I tell people that when the wedding is over, all you'll have is a bunch of new kitchen appliances and the photos...so you might as well spend money on hiring a good photographer.

In years to come, it will be their kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, g-g-grandkids, etc., that REALLY appreciate them. I know we do in our family. The oldest photos we have are the most favored treasures.

In years to come, it will be their kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, g-g-grandkids, etc., that REALLY appreciate them. I know we do in our family. The oldest photos we have are the most favored treasures.
I agree, but I often wonder how that will change in the future.

There are a handful of photos of my parents & grandparents etc....but not too many. You might say that they are rare glimpses into their lives, back in the early parts of the last century.

But these days, the average family (in first world countries anyway) take thousands of photos a year...not just on special occasions. So I have the feeling that 60 years from now, while our descendants will appreciate having photos of us, they won't have the same special feeling that we have of photos of our ancestors.

I wonder just how many of those thousands of photos taken every year will still be around on a hard drive 60 years from now. I get the feeling that only a precious few of the thousands of photographs taken actually become ink on paper. Will ink on printer paper last 60 years?

Using the right ink or emulsion, the right paper, and good archival storage practices, prints can last for hundreds of years.

How can you tell, the technology has not been around that long. What proportion of the millions of digital camera users will likely use the best appropriate technology and archival precautions?

I wonder just how many of those thousands of photos taken every year will still be around on a hard drive 60 years from now. I get the feeling that only a precious few of the thousands of photographs taken actually become ink on paper. Will ink on printer paper last 60 years?

I can see color profiled digital picture frames someday with insane resolution....

that's what I do after I take important photos. slip the card in my wallet and carry it around for a week. If he was a good friend you'd think they would know that he wasn't very responsible.

As a wedding photographer, I'm surprised (and disheartened) at how little some people value their wedding photos.

They will spend $2500 on a dress, $1000 on a cake, $3000 on flowers...plus lots on renting the venue, decorations, catering & drinks etc. But when it comes to hiring a wedding photographer, they often want to skimp.

But when you think about it...all those other things are only for one day...and then they're gone. It's the photos that help to keep the memories of all those other things, and you'll always have the photos.

I tell people that when the wedding is over, all you'll have is a bunch of new kitchen appliances and the photos...so you might as well spend money on hiring a good photographer.

But... but they were doing him a FAVOR... by letting him shoot their wedding so he could start there PORT.

ISN'T THAT SO MUCH MORE NOBLE?!?!?! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back