Budget DSLR

DJM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

Im currently in the market for a secondhand budget DSLR. It must be able to take decent quality photos (8/9MP or above), a good ISO and Aperture Range and an OK shutter speed and will probably be from a secondhand reseller like MPB, Wex or LCE. It must also be fairly easy for an amateur like me to learn to use (guide mode etc). The budget must also include a lens that can take a range of photos (see below) and a SMALL zoom would be quite handy as well (just enough of a zoom lens not too much so the lens is still portable). I would take a range of photos of the following - Some Nature. A lot of Landscape, Some urban, a little bit of action/sport, not too much night, but some and some other types. My budget is a modest £250 approx. I have been looking mainly at Canon and Nikon but am open to suggestions.

Please give me suggestions of lenses and cameras that would be suitable and please ask me questions, but please try and keep the professional photographer sarcasm to a minimum which I have found has been an issue on another forum (i shall not name)

Thanks a lot guys

Last edited:
Not knowing what your specific budget is makes it hard to answer. I've seen some nice Nikon D40's and D80's for reasonable prices like 3 or 4 hundred. Not sure how £250 converts these days. I'd look on ebay Britain and ebay US.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back