budget flash similar to SB-600

i ordered 2, they will great on the ground or some cheap ass tripods that you would never put a dslr on

Yeah I got two similar and I love them. I am thinking about getting some light stands and umbrellas to play around with.

You might want to verify with the vendor how long these cheap flash units will stay active and not go into "sleep mode". On one of the company's other inexpensive flashes, the units go in to sleep mode every five minutes, and power down fully after one hour of non-use. A flash unit at must be manually re-awakened by hand-touching the controls after every five minute rest period is not my idea of a suitable flash unit for any type of remote "Strobist" type use.

You might want to verify with the vendor how long these cheap flash units will stay active and not go into "sleep mode". On one of the company's other inexpensive flashes, the units go in to sleep mode every five minutes, and power down fully after one hour of non-use. A flash unit at must be manually re-awakened by hand-touching the controls after every five minute rest period is not my idea of a suitable flash unit for any type of remote "Strobist" type use.
The flickr link above also had a link to a digital version of the owners manual of a similar flash from this manufacturer (I think same flash, but without TTL?). Assuming it's almost the exact model, that manual does say it will go into sleep mode after about 5 minutes.

I just got mine in, and looking through the manual (and maybe the link above had it and I just didn't read it good enough), the 5 minute stand-by mode is only when it's on the camera. "In slave flash mode, the off-camera flash will be switched off automatically if you do not use it for about one hour."

Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work late tonight and just get to stare at it for now. I'm so ready to go home already and try it out :lol:

The flickr link above also had a link to a digital version of the owners manual of a similar flash from this manufacturer (I think same flash, but without TTL?). Assuming it's almost the exact model, that manual does say it will go into sleep mode after about 5 minutes.

Even if so... I ordered some rf-602 triggers that apparently support the wake function from sleep mode so I should be covered... I saw it working on a youtube video but I don't know how to embed and too lazy to figure it out right now

My flashes should be here tomorrow and the triggers will probably be in by late next week... after their happy trip from half-way 'round the world :D

Even if so... I ordered some rf-602 triggers that apparently support the wake function from sleep mode so I should be covered... I saw it working on a youtube video but I don't know how to embed and too lazy to figure it out right now

My flashes should be here tomorrow and the triggers will probably be in by late next week... after their happy trip from half-way 'round the world :D

Just post the youtube link from the top of the bar and it embeds it for you.
TJ

Cool. I have Cactus V4's on the way. Not sure if they'll work with this flash, but I'll find out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back