What's new

Buffalo Bay Sunset

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was shot yesterday in Buffalo Bay, close to the triple border among Manitoba, Ontario and Minnesota. I like both the colour and the B&W versions, so here they are.


p109080233-4.jpg




p52567732-4.jpg



Thanks for viewing...
 
This is amazing... Looks great in both!!!
 
Good photo as is (which does NOT surprise me! ;)) - but once I had seen the lovely purple in the sky, I instantly missed it (much) in the b&w version. Maybe you ought to have presented them the other way round?
 
Are you unsure which version represents yor initial visualization ? You should pick one you like better and gave it to us. I would pick colour as the sky is not dramatic enough and is not making much of an impact in b&w. It is too white and competes with the water leaving the horizon and clouds looking like a dirty smudge. In your conversion the reddish, pink and blue values on the sky are represented by the same density in b&w, actually lack of any density, just white, taking away from the texture of the sky. However the fore plan in b&w looks so much better, then in colour with much more easily visible detail and real 3D effect. In the colour version front is simply too dark.
In any case that spot has a great potential and I would visitit it often (if it's not too far).
 
ominous beauty...both are wonderful. Timor has given an excellent comparing study :D
 
Good photo as is (which does NOT surprise me! ;)) - but once I had seen the lovely purple in the sky, I instantly missed it (much) in the b&w version. Maybe you ought to have presented them the other way round?
Or in separate threads :)

Are you unsure which version represents yor initial visualization ?
LOL, that felt like an uppercut :) I'm a B&W person, but when I'm shooting a sunset scene I'm always thinking in colour. Problem is, when I get home and review the images, sometimes I find that I like the shapes so much that I feel like trying to lose what drove me to shoot the scene in the first place (the colour). While my initial visualization is represented by #1, I think that the B&W is a much, much better image. It does have to be viewed on a black background to be fully appreciated though... something not available here at TPF.

Thanks all for the feedback!
 
Hyperfocal = love
 
I like them both...very very much. I am curious about the thin black strip on the LHS...on the horizon. I assume it is land or thick clouds?
 
I am curious about the thin black strip on the LHS...on the horizon. I assume it is land or thick clouds?
The think black strip is just land – the wide-angle lens makes it look like a line.

Thank you all!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom