Bush Shack (Revisited)

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went back to the place I took the last pic of the bush shack I posted and took a few more. Did them in that same filter effect again (sepia) as I like it a bit more than the straight B&W.

shack1.jpg

shack2.jpg

shack3.jpg

I like the warm sepia treatment of these, and the composition is nice as well, esp. #1, but the contrast between the highlights and shadow is too strong. I suspect this one needs to be an HDR Merge; probably about 4 images at least at a guess. That way you would preserve the texture in the wood and get some detail in the shadow under the overhang.

I like the warm sepia treatment of these, and the composition is nice as well, esp. #1, but the contrast between the highlights and shadow is too strong. I suspect this one needs to be an HDR Merge; probably about 4 images at least at a guess. That way you would preserve the texture in the wood and get some detail in the shadow under the overhang.

I should have thought of trying to HDR it - just went up there quickly to get a quick pick of it didnt cross my mind :/ Ah well - next time I'm up there - I'm yet to do a HDR with the Canon though did quite a few with my P&S.

Well I got a chance to get back there the other day and did a quick few shots to HDR This is -1.5/0/1.5 EV, HDR'd then sharpened and B&W conversion and then the sepia filter.

shackhdrsep.jpg

Great processing! Has an entirely different look. Going back again? :)

Great processing! Has an entirely different look. Going back again? :)

Thanks:) Yeah, hopefully will get up there again soon, luckily isn't too far away just sorta out of the way of everywhere I normally go lol The HDR did bring it out a lot better than just a single shot :)

After the post that is absolutely beautiful...I'm guessing it was bright sun when you took the originals but that's not your fault :)

After the post that is absolutely beautiful...I'm guessing it was bright sun when you took the originals but that's not your fault :)
Thanks, I think it was a little bit sunnier when I did the originals but still ?I could have done them better (espeiclaly when I look at the HDR lol) ... I think now after looking at the difference bwtween them that it did really seem to need something like the HDR to bring out the wood a bit better.

Time of day is huge for B+W.

Great HDR shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back