Business Branding?

rwilliams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been reading a lot of articles about how important it is to create a brand for your business.. logo, packaging, website, etc.

Can anyone suggest where to go get help with that? I would like to start with getting a professional logo and go from there.

Contact a graphic designer in your area. One of the best things you can do is to get a catalogue from your local adult ed facility or community college and sign up for marking, business and entrepreneurship classes. Personally however, I wouldn't worry about the logo until you've got all the other paperwork sorted: Domain name, business name/DBA, license, insurance, etc. It would really suck to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a top-notch logo only to find that the domain name you want is already taken.

I haven't created a website yet, but I've found a domain name that I'm content with. I have a business name (I just go by Rachelle Williams Photography. It's not super creative but most all of the photographers in my area just go by their name), and an LLC. Working on the insurance now. Speaking of, has anyone ever actually had to use their insurance? Just curious.

I will check into the business classes though. I definitely lack knowledge in that area.

Contact a graphic designer in your area. One of the best things you can do is to get a catalogue from your local adult ed facility or community college and sign up for marking, business and entrepreneurship classes. Personally however, I wouldn't worry about the logo until you've got all the other paperwork sorted: Domain name, business name/DBA, license, insurance, etc. It would really suck to spend a couple of thousand dollars on a top-notch logo only to find that the domain name you want is already taken.

I never did, but I knew of other photographers that were sure glad they had insurance when they got sued for liability, errors and omissions, and or indemnity.
Many cities, counties, and/or states require a business have at least liability insurance.

Your profile does not indicate where you are.

Branding is not just about logos and websites, although that is part of it. It is also how you interact with potential customers, customer experience when using your services, the language you use, the way you advertise, and the quality of your work.

Your logo should be synonymous with you as a business, company, service, entity - not just a fancy glyph in a watermark.

It takes a fair amount of time and effort to build a brand.
. . . the intangible sum of a product’s attributes. . .
. . . Marketers realized that they could create a specific perception in customers’ minds concerning the qualities and attributes of each non-generic product or service. They took to calling this perception “the brand.” . . .

What is a Brand, Anyway? - Forbes
The Power of Brand Building - Forbes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back