Bye Bye Birdie :(

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yesterday my Cockatiel named Boudreaux got out. I have not been in the best of moods since I lost him (I have been crying like a baby actually). I had him out on his playyard and my son opened the back door and out Boudreaux flew - I spent a few hours searching for him, until it got dark. He is a tropical bird that is extremely domesticated, so I know that it is unlikely that he will survive in the wild. Boudreaux and I were very attached to eachother - he sat on my head the majority of the time. My husband, who I bought Boudreaux for in the first place, was never really attached to him, but felt so bad that he (without my knowledge) called around today while I was not home and put a deposit on a Sun Conure that is in Texas. We will be picking him up at the end of the month when we drive thru to San Antonio and Austin. I didn't realise my husband had it in him to do something that sweet!!! LOL j/k he can surprise me sometimes.
Anway, I hope to have pictures up for yall when I get back from vacation - maybe yall can help me name it..or should I name it Boudreaux II..I just love the name Boudreaux, living in Louisiana and all LOL.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Cockatiel. The same thing happened to us a couple of years ago. On a hopeful note there is a formerly domesticated Cockatiel that lives in a tree at the lake down the road. The owners were never able to catch it so now it just hangs out down there.

I've never heard about cockatiel bird but :hugs::hugs:

Boudreaux's gone!? Awwww....I never even saw the bird, but I'll miss him messing with you while in chat. That was always fun :D

Sorry, Sara... :(

Thanks guys. It is still hard to imagine that he is not here. My almost 2 yr old, Landon, keeps going to Boudreaux's cage and pointing and saying "where boodoh, mama?" I tell him "Boudreaux went bye bye" and he just looks at me and says "oh". :( I am going to learn how to clip wings before I bring the Sun Conure home!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss. I too lost a bird but he was a sun conure. Some dumb kids came up on our porch and opened his cage, he flew into the closest tree and sat there and yelled out my name. Sadly I wasn't there or I think he would have came to me but by the time I got home, he was gone:(

Good luck with the sun, I loved mine, someday I hope to get another one, or an african grey:lovey:

I had a friend that had an african grey. Gorgeous bird, but her's had this habit of picking out its feathers until there were bare spots, so she had to sell him. :(

clarinetJWD said:
I had a friend that had an african grey. Gorgeous bird, but her's had this habit of picking out its feathers until there were bare spots, so she had to sell him. :(

Feather pickign is a behavioral problem, often brought on because the bird is bored. It's possible it didn't have enough stimulation to keep it busy.

Sorry to hear about the bird, Sara. I lost my first cockatiel in the same way.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Most reactions

Back