C&C 3rd time out with my Dlsr!!!

amg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi There
3rd time out with my Dlsr I have had it since Nov ugh..... Wish I had more time.
Anyways took these shots of my gfs kids at a park in British Columbia let me know what you think..... I had to shot in jpeg because I dont have any post processing programs at the moment saving up for lightroom....They are also unedited but I did shoot everything in Manual :) I refuse to put it in auto or I will never learn so I do lots of reading when I get a chance.....I love photography!!!!

Thank you everyone for your help and any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.....

Oh and another question my gfs sun is a squinter he was so hard to shoot any advice on getting him to open those big eyes?????
IMG_2157 by ashleymg, on Flickr

IMG_2211 by ashleymg, on Flickr
IMG_2151 by ashleymg, on Flickr

1) Shoot in portrait aspect
2) get down at their eye level to shoot.
3) expose for the skin

I cropped, brightened her face, darkened the top of the backgrouns, sharpened, added a little vignette.

$7005158361_32d5347499_b222222222.jpg

Just use the editing software that came with your camera or get gimp.

Lol she looks scared in the second one :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

.......... I had to shot in jpeg because I dont have any post processing programs at the moment..............

Nothing came with the camera?

1,2,3, that the traveler suggested, and perhaps avoid cutting off the heads.

and nikon nx2 and canon dpp are also just a few bytes/min away

Last edited:
Haha she was scared in the second one!!!!! There was 2 eagles and a big nest up in the tree and some birds started flying by and then the Eagles started soaring to protect their babies.....*sigh* I wish I had a better lense with some zoom it was beautiful!!!!! But anyways it scared her and she is such a rough and tough tomboy I thought it was cute that she was scared!!! I have the software but I havent tried using it yet just trying to get used to all the cameras settings and composition etc. I have it on my computer but for some reason it wont let me edit raw files so I and saving for lightroom and just shooting jpeg in the meantime.....Should I be able to edit and convert raw files to jpeg with canons software???? I have a canon rebel t3??????
And the traveller I love that edit!

try to give the subjects more space to breathe. They seem so cramped in the frame.

I believe a quick google search may yield you a freeware software that will convert raw to jpeg. Have you heard of gimp? Gimp is free and will let you Moe edits. What do I know though. I still didn't order my camera yet. Just waiting to get paid :) should be ordering it sometime next week. Im pumped

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I believe a quick google search may yield you a freeware software that will convert raw to jpeg. Have you heard of gimp? Gimp is free and will let you Moe edits. What do I know though. I still didn't order my camera yet. Just waiting to get paid :) should be ordering it sometime next week. Im pumped

---advertising deleted----

GIMP alone won't handle raw. You would need to install UFRAW with it, and since both are open source, it's not easy to do unless you're computer-savvy.

Raw Therapee, however, will to the trick.

Ill just keep saving for lightroom and work on getting everything else right! And then once I have a good editing program I will have some photos to play around with!!!! Might as well learn to get good shots from the start and then editing with be a bonus!!! I have a habit of cutting off heads next time I will be working on that and leaving more space in my frames!!!!

Ill just keep saving for lightroom and work on getting everything else right! And then once I have a good editing program I will have some photos to play around with!!!! Might as well learn to get good shots from the start and then editing with be a bonus!!! I have a habit of cutting off heads next time I will be working on that and leaving more space in my frames!!!!

People are vertical subjects.. so shoot vertical! There is a reason it is called portrait mode..... ;)

I have the software but I havent tried using it yet just trying to get used to all the cameras settings and composition etc. I have it on my computer but for some reason it wont let me edit raw files so I and saving for lightroom and just shooting jpeg in the meantime.....Should I be able to edit and convert raw files to jpeg with canons software???? I have a canon rebel t3??????

Shoot raw AND jpeg. I assume you have that option on your Canon, my baby Nikon (D5100) has it. That way you have a jpg to work with now, and when you DO finally have software that will handle editing the raw files, you can go back and work with the raw files.

Most reactions

Back