C&C A Newbie? *Sorta Heavy*

Chevelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright. I just want to warn you all right off the bat that I have ZERO idea what I'm doing LOL. I got this camera (Nikon P500) last year as a Christmas gift, and have just been farting around with it but I've been told that I show some potential to maybe take pictures on the side. So I am here to learn and see if this is something that I want to get more serious about. I love taking pictures, dogs are my main subject, but I have done exotic animals as well as a landscape or two. I'll post a few of my best, these are with zero editing (I just downloaded GIMP, but like a said, I have no clue what I'm doing yet)

Well, the leopard was shot from too high. You need to get down at or below their eye level for the best shots. The dogs are also slightly high in my opinion.

Three of them are cropped far too tightly; the leopard, lion, and goose. I could barely tell what the goose was, and you cropped off parts of the faces of the leopard and lioness.

The bridge is OK but needed to be shot at a much slower shutter speed to get some texture in the water.

They aren't bad, but still need a little work. Keep at it. :thumbup:

Well, the leopard was shot from too high. You need to get down at or below their eye level for the best shots. The dogs are also slightly high in my opinion.

Three of them are cropped far too tightly; the leopard, lion, and goose. I could barely tell what the goose was, and you cropped off parts of the faces of the leopard and lioness.

The bridge is OK but needed to be shot at a much slower shutter speed to get some texture in the water.

They aren't bad, but still need a little work. Keep at it. :thumbup:

Thank you! :)

The leopard and goose were all shot close up and all three were through two chain link fences. I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to focus on them and not the fences without being insanely zoomed in. I actually have a few more of the lion that are from a further distance, as she was further back then the other two.

I'll work on getting more down on their level when I'm shooting today (if it ever stops raining lol)

The leopard and goose were all shot close up and all three were through two chain link fences. I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to focus on them and not the fences without being insanely zoomed in...

Focus Lock or Manual focus.

The leopard and goose were all shot close up and all three were through two chain link fences. I couldn't figure out how to get my camera to focus on them and not the fences without being insanely zoomed in...

Focus Lock or Manual focus.

I'm assuming that the Manual focus is the little M on the dial correct? And I have no clue on where focus lock would be on my camera. Did I mention I don't know what I'm doing :blushing:

I'm assuming that the Manual focus is the little M on the dial correct? And I have no clue on where focus lock would be on my camera. Did I mention I don't know what I'm doing :blushing:

No. The M on the dial is for exposure, not focus. I'd suggest you crack open the user manual of your camera.

No. The M on the dial is for exposure, not focus. I'd suggest you crack open the user manual of your camera.

I'll see if I can find it. I really didn't think I was going to enjoy taking pictures as much as I do, so I didn't look into it at all. Literally took the camera and cords out of the box, charged it and started taking pictures. If I can't find it do you think I could find it online?

I really like your bridge short; that is not a farting away job of course; the dog images are fine too; viewing from upper point gives leoperd a shy innocent look which is very unbecoming of it ;)
If you make that bird shot still more a close up, that would turn an abstract ...
I must say you have a great start; start saving for an SLR
All the best :D

I'll see if I can find it.......... If I can't find it do you think I could find it online?

I got a nickel that says you can download a .PDF of it from the manufacturer's website for free.

I really like your bridge short; that is not a farting away job of course; the dog images are fine too; viewing from upper point gives leoperd a shy innocent look which is very unbecoming of it ;)
If you make that bird shot still more a close up, that would turn an abstract ...
I must say you have a great start; start saving for an SLR
All the best :D

I'll see if I can find it.......... If I can't find it do you think I could find it online?

I got a nickel that says you can download a .PDF of it from the manufacturer's website for free.

Awesome! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back