Its got more impact to it now, the brightening is helping to lift the flower out of the black surroundings more, but be carefull of the stem leading up to the flower. It's a little too dark and under exposed there to really bring it up into detail and in the second version its starting to show grainy noise. Personally I would try to keep that area as it was in the first - a suggestion there of a stem - so that the flower is not totally alone.
However for me I would (personally) feel that the larger downside in the shot is the second flowerhead in the background - it just feels that its not contributing to the shot overall on its own. I think if there were afew more like it in the shot (background elements) to suggest a bunch or if it were not there at all (thus leaving the main subject to dominate) it might be better - but that is just a personal feeling