C&C on daughters auditon photos

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter is going to be trying out for a movie and we are required to send in a 8x10 photo with their name on it. I am positng 3 different shots, tell me which one is the best. Thanks!

portrait1.jpg

portrait2.jpg

portrait3.jpg

White balance is a little cool... and I agree with the hair covering the face.

I'd also have to challange why just a head shot? Wouldn't an full body pose give a casting director a little more of an idea what they are getting into? Just asking... I've never done casting .

Agree ^^ !! I would definitely re-shoot these. Look for a neutral, non-textured background and make sure she's offset from it by a good distance. If you're submitting a single image, than I would recommend a three-quarter profile, and make sure you use some fill lighting. In all of these the subject's eyes are too dark. Ensure that her hair is neat, and not covering her eyes, she's standing straight, and looks happy but not giggly.

Get some light into her eyes, she looks almost alien. Especially if this is serious you will need to light her better. Also try to sharpen it a bit, they look in focus just lacking some sharpening.

Try to get a bit lower to the ground, more at her level. You want to shoot only very slightly down on her, heck maybe even shoot up on her if she has big personality. Just make sure not to get nostrils.

thanks so much! I will take some more and post them in a minute! I am so happy she enjoys stuff like this otherwise, being only 4, she would be so sick of me by now! haha

My daughters did some commercial acting. She's beautiful, but my advice to you is to get the hair out of her face and try to really focus on her eyes.

ok here is a new one. They want to see her hair all down and not pulled up and just the way it naturally looks down. So there isn't much I can do with her hair. They don't want any make up, they just want the naturual child. Thank so much for the advice guys!

portrait4.jpg

I'd do the first shot you originally posted only with hair pulled back away from her eyes and make sure the camera is focused on her eyes.

she will be trying out for the part as Renesmee Cullen on the movie Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

We are going to go drive around town and find more solid background and see what that looks like. I appreciate you guys taking the time to comment!! I always need extra eyes! :)

yup it is!!!!! A bunch of kids are trying out, but hey, you never know if you don't try!

She's acted some like just in christmas plays and stuff nothing professional though. The awesome thing is they are not looking for professionals. If they like your look they will call you.

Ok lets try this again..haha

portrait5.jpg

portrait6.jpg

Drastically better in my opinion, the green is a background so boring that it makes a perfect place to put a subject in front of. #1 has better lighting on her, though the smile looks a bit forced. Still needs a little light on the eyes, do you have any white foam core boards or even some paper somewhere just to help out?

Much better than the original.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back