C&C please if you dont' mind

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taking in Auto setting...is one better then other?...hopefully they don't both suck, but any input would be great, trying to learn here.
Thanks so much!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

my mum is looking over my shoulder saying she likes the third picture.

I think firstly, you need to straighten everything up - have you done any post on them? Doesn't look like it, they're nice pictures but theyve got a 'snapshot aesthetic' about them at the mo, they have potential though!

my mum is looking over my shoulder saying she likes the third picture.

I think firstly, you need to straighten everything up - have you done any post on them? Doesn't look like it, they're nice pictures but theyve got a 'snapshot aesthetic' about them at the mo, they have potential though!

No, haven't done anything at all to them yet, how do I straighten them up?

twist them about on your computer, most programmes have the feature, i'm being really picky though probably thinking they're skew-iff, i'm sure alot of people wouldn't care.

Are they RAWs? You could get a lot out of them i think by using a proper processing method.

To me they're just a little bit boring. I'm a beginner myself so take this as you will but i think it would make an excellent backdrop for a focal point in the foreground. Not sure what though. And i agree with Chevy they need straightening.

Yep, they're boring.

How to make them un-boring starts with asking yourself what you like about the scene, because you obviously thought something there was worth photographing, and then how to emphasize what you like.

#3, for example, could have been cropped in camera to include only the window and the crooked flap, and I'm betting it would have been a million times more interesting because there would have been texture in the wood, and lots of other little details that most viewers find interesting in a photograph.

#3, for example, could have been cropped in camera to include only the window and the crooked flap, and I'm betting it would have been a million times more interesting because there would have been texture in the wood, and lots of other little details that most viewers find interesting in a photograph.

i think if number 3 was cropped as a landscape it would look good, there's no need for the bush... then give it more contrast n it'd be really cool

i think if number 3 was cropped as a landscape it would look good, there's no need for the bush... then give it more contrast n it'd be really cool

so, photoshop them up? ya they are boaring...lol...there are part of a historic house, can I crop that one with the window in photoshop?
I'm just super new at this, and must have taken at least 500 photos at the reserve where this barn was...I have some also of a light post and a window...probably just as boaring tho...lol

if you find them boring yourself why are you bothering? I'd have a go with your 3rd pic but you're photo's are not ok to edit :( :(

Yeah, PS can do it all :)
How can I change that edit thing? cuz hell yeah...go ahead and show me...I want to see what to do. When I took them, I took them because the scene was pretty...but I can appreciate how they would look boring to people...maybe I have rather drab taste. LOL
seriously, I will listen to all advice, I love to take pics...even tho it makes everyone around me mad as hell, so I might as well start doing them like I know what I'm doing! :lol:
I'm joining a photography club around my area and am hoping to gain some serious "know how".

dont put yourself down! lol as long as your shooting, your having fun and learning right, no matter what you're shooting!

now lets av a look at this photo... lol ill probly abismolise it...

"I love to take pics...even tho it makes everyone around me mad as hell"

Wow thats sounds so like me! lol. What i've found in my brief time of taking photo's is that its not quantity but quality that counts. I do still tend to snap alot but i've found that spending 10 minutes or so planning and shooting one scene is better than walking about and shooting 100 pics randomly. As Chevy said alot of the time its best to go with your instinct, if you think its boring it probably is!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back